The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Image host - Virus...members worried...members furious.

3 posters

Go down

Image host - Virus...members worried...members furious. Empty Image host - Virus...members worried...members furious.

Post by Arbalist April 11th 2011, 7:41 pm

Hello,

Back again due to complaints from my forum members...this time about Servimg image links containing viruses.

I've had a similar problem with Imageshack that some members preferred and have posted an announcement to switch to the forums built-in image host hoping this one would be safer. Personally I'm not bothered by an occasional "virus blocked" pop-up and have done everything I could to alert my members and educate them on how to get at least a basic antivirus/firewall setup and how to tune their browser for safer surfing...still occasionally I get messages with people freaking out that they were about to catch a virus from my forum/link.

Normally, I try to calm them down, saying It's just the reality of internet and that little can be done to prevent all viruses from everywhere...that works 99% of the time....however...I've had one member who got a virus and had to send out his computer to a repair shop to get things fixed. I fix my machines myself, so I don't know how much it costs to get them fixed elsewhere, but what ever the cost, I'm sure it's not "free". thus my fear is that I may be held responsible for a similar incident in the future.

Please shine some light on this virus issue with Servimg and the possible legal issues as a result of such.

Thank you,

Ivan
Arbalist
Arbalist
Forumember

Male Posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Image host - Virus...members worried...members furious. Empty Re: Image host - Virus...members worried...members furious.

Post by MrMario April 11th 2011, 9:11 pm

There is no such virus on forums.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Image host - Virus...members worried...members furious. Empty Re: Image host - Virus...members worried...members furious.

Post by Arbalist April 12th 2011, 12:08 am

Thank you for your reply,

So Servimg is clean? And the user that sent me the message is in error regarding his accusation of the Servimg site based on the virus alert he got from Norton Antivirus upon visiting it by expanding an image? Interesting... Image host - Virus...members worried...members furious. 78754
Arbalist
Arbalist
Forumember

Male Posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 12th 2011, 4:39 am

Could it be that when the member press the image, the page that loaded had some advertisements? Sometimes the advertisements will cause your anti-virus programs to block them.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51452
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down