The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shorten the HEIGHT of the text box in a quick reply...?

3 posters

Go down

Shorten the HEIGHT of the text box in a quick reply...? Empty Shorten the HEIGHT of the text box in a quick reply...?

Post by w_a_i_n April 23rd 2011, 5:15 pm

Hi gang

Well I've spent many days learning how to modify stuff myself... I've been in an out of templates and options like a mad thing on mad pills...

Very Happy

It's great fun I have to say!! It's worth paying to forumotion for the thrills I've had already!!

Wink

I want my forum live tomorrow, accepting new members... and so it's time to ask a couple of qstns that I need help on, as I am stuck... but there's just one in this post - the other comes a bit later...

Below you can see in the screen grab that the 'quick-reply?' window is waiting underneath a post, for someone to well... errr... reply!

Razz

I want to make the vertical size of the text box itself (y axis of the area that will accept the text) less. It takes up far too much space!

In advance, mine's a pint of Lager...

Shorten the HEIGHT of the text box in a quick reply...? TextboxsmalleratYaxis

By the way, I liked the character below so much, I thought I'd let him do his thang...

Thk u

Wain

groar

P.S. I kinda dance like that, not big or clever really...
w_a_i_n

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Shorten the HEIGHT of the text box in a quick reply...? Empty Re: Shorten the HEIGHT of the text box in a quick reply...?

Post by Base April 23rd 2011, 5:52 pm

Hi, could I have a link to your forum please? Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Shorten the HEIGHT of the text box in a quick reply...? Empty Re: Shorten the HEIGHT of the text box in a quick reply...?

Post by Saxaca April 23rd 2011, 5:55 pm

Would you please try this?
Code:
#text_editor_textarea {
  max-height: 100px;
  height: 100px;
  }
Saxaca
Saxaca
Forumember

Male Posts : 539
Language : Markup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Base April 23rd 2011, 5:56 pm

If that doesn't work, there's also this code as well:

Code:
form#quick_reply #textarea_content textarea#text_editor_textarea {
    height: 100px;
    width: 100% !important;
}
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n April 23rd 2011, 6:01 pm

I think whilst I was messing I tried the height thing, kind of trial and error!

Smile

I'll be right back to let you know...

I am...

http://speedfreaks.forumotion.co.uk
w_a_i_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Base April 23rd 2011, 6:04 pm

Forgot to mention, you'll need to add the code in your CSS Stylesheet which can be found at:

1. Administration Panel (advanced mode)
2. Display Tab
3. Colors (on the left, under Pictures and Colors)
4. CSS Stylesheet and paste the code there
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n April 23rd 2011, 6:13 pm

^^lol, cheers Base...

I'll try again

Wink
w_a_i_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Base April 23rd 2011, 6:14 pm

Great, I'll leave this topic open for your reply.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n April 23rd 2011, 6:24 pm

^^ok, the code has been changed and the changes taken, I deleted cookies to confirm...

The code hasn't worked, it's the same as beforeski...

I did try the other version of the code as well...

study
w_a_i_n

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n May 3rd 2011, 2:10 am

Any further ideas about this issue peeps??
w_a_i_n

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n May 4th 2011, 2:30 am

Hi Rideem

Thanks for the code, it won't work - if you look above it's the same as suggested before, which is why I know it won't work sadly.

Has this thing beat us??

Rideem3 wrote:Go to your CSS Stylesheet, and put:

Code:
form#quick_reply #textarea_content textarea#text_editor_textarea {
    height: NUMBERHEREpx;
    width: 100% !important;
}

Change NUMBERHERE with the desired number of pixels preferably 100 just as Base said. Or to make it bigger, choose a higher number.
w_a_i_n

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n May 7th 2011, 1:57 am

The text box IS SHOWN as resized when viewed on iPhone4 and Mac OS Safari!!!!

The PC is using IE9

Is this topic dead? If so, admin can lock this off as a failed support issue
w_a_i_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Base May 7th 2011, 11:07 am

Well, the code may not be working on IE 9 so try using a different browser such as Mozilla and I think it should work.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n May 13th 2011, 11:50 am

Hi Base

I already use I.E9, like billions of other home users, they are the target audience that my forumotion site is aimed at. I also use Safari on my dual-boot iMac, so adding a 3rd browser to enable one part of my site that isn't working is a non-starter. It's a bit like snapping your car key off in your door, and buying a new car. Though, being a geek - I'd imagine other browsers will work, but my site is aimed at Mr and Mrs average, who all run - or are about to update to run - I.E9.

So I have a couple of qstn's which you may need to bounce higher up for an official answer, as I'm not looking for a personal point of view, if you get my meaning.

1. Is phpBB2 updated to keep pace with the fast-moving browser revisions?

Afterall, in 6 months time I.E will be at v9.5 and Mozilla, Safari etc, will be at new versions too. Not forgetting of course that all other versions available to forum owners, are also out of date due to a new browser software revisions.

2. If forumotion aren't going to see updates, where does that leave ppl like me who pay forumotion money to have certain personal settings allowed for my site? Because if I've lost one feature already, when 90% of the world updates to I.E 9.5 in 6 months I could lose another half a dozen features that work currently.

I hope you see the reasons behind asking the qstn's. My experience is mainly hardware and software installation, not web-based.

Thx 1,000,000

Base wrote:Well, the code may not be working on IE 9 so try using a different browser such as Mozilla and I think it should work.
w_a_i_n

Back to top Go down