The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I block some threads for viewing by guests?

3 posters

Go down

Can I block some threads for viewing by guests? Empty Can I block some threads for viewing by guests?

Post by jaebaeli November 26th 2007, 3:43 am

I want to make certain threads in a forum viewable only by members...is that possible? I.e., i don't want guests to be able to access all threads.
jaebaeli
jaebaeli
Forumember

Female Posts : 169
Language : english

http://KindredInkWriters.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Can I block some threads for viewing by guests? Empty Re: Can I block some threads for viewing by guests?

Post by Har Dy November 26th 2007, 4:52 am

Is it possible.
Go to Forum Permission , and you uncheck ''allow guest to view '' Uncheck!
Har Dy
Har Dy
Forumember

Male Posts : 693
Language : English , Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Can I block some threads for viewing by guests? Empty Re: Can I block some threads for viewing by guests?

Post by Korinth November 26th 2007, 11:02 am

I think Jaebaeli mean a topic, not a forum.

I had a look in my administration panel and cannot find an option anywhere to make a single thread/topic viewable only by members,but there is the option to do so for a forum.

You could make a new forums and make it only viewable by members and then put the topics/thread you wish to be only viewable by them in said forums.
Korinth
Korinth
Forumember

Male Posts : 37
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Har Dy November 26th 2007, 11:40 pm

[b]Well , there is no way you can permission Topic ( thread ) only forum can. So just make your invisible forum.
Har Dy
Har Dy
Forumember

Male Posts : 693
Language : English , Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Post by jaebaeli December 3rd 2007, 12:09 pm

Yes Korinth, i did mean the threads. Thank you.

I want guests to view enough to give them an idea of what we are discussing, but not so much that they have the same privileges that members do. I don't want lurkers...

So i suppose the answer is NO, i can't block SOME threads. Only forums?

I can't do the invisible forum thing, i don't think...that would screw up the format of my topic tiers.

I can't see why there isn't a way to make the forum TITLES viewable, while preventing the opening of any thread for reading...seems like a simple thing, but I'm not one of the developers, so not sure how that works.

But thanks anyway. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case someone discovers an answer no one knows yet. IF i figure out a solution, i'll repost here too, FYI.

Best,
Jae
jaebaeli
jaebaeli
Forumember

Female Posts : 169
Language : english

http://KindredInkWriters.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down