The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centering post content, profile/poster info on top of post?

2 posters

Go down

Centering post content, profile/poster info on top of post? Empty Centering post content, profile/poster info on top of post?

Post by AaronW Tue 3 May 2011 - 4:28

Is it possible (using CSS or something) to place the content of all posts in the center of the 'post' with the profile/poster information going on top? Similar to this website

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(NOTICE: this example is NOT a forumotion site but is actually the sister site to my forumotion forum. I am trying to simply make it look similar. I figured showing this site would be the best way to convey my question.) Check any post on that site and you will better understand what I mean by posting content in the middle and poster info on top. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by AaronW on Fri 6 May 2011 - 18:55; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot URL)
AaronW
Forumember

Male Posts : 33
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Centering post content, profile/poster info on top of post? Empty Re: Centering post content, profile/poster info on top of post?

Post by Nera. Tue 3 May 2011 - 9:45

Would something like this be O.K.?
It's done on PhpBB2
http://i.imm.io/5ouz.png
We could center the post part also.
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down

Centering post content, profile/poster info on top of post? Empty Re: Centering post content, profile/poster info on top of post?

Post by AaronW Tue 3 May 2011 - 12:03

That is actually what I am looking for, though there is no need to center the post part. It looks good as it is. However, I am running phpBB3 and am not willing to convert to another version so is this possible to utilize with phpBB3 without overly screwing up the theme?
AaronW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. Tue 3 May 2011 - 12:22

I'm sorry, I watched only the topic before that wants the same thing and uses phpBB2. I did it through templates, really can think of a way to do it with CSS.
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronW Fri 6 May 2011 - 10:35

It has been several days and no one else has bothered to attempt to help me.

So bump.
AaronW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronW Fri 6 May 2011 - 18:54

139 views on this topic and no useful responses... I love it. Just lock this I'll figure it out myself.
AaronW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 May 2011 - 20:01

It seems to be a bit hard to find coding help on here.

Back to top Go down