The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Sheets, need some help, please.

4 posters

Go down

Character Sheets, need some help, please. Empty Character Sheets, need some help, please.

Post by me_just_in December 5th 2007, 3:42 am

Hello everyone, I'm kind of confused upon how to properly do this....

I'm trying to set up an RPG like forum game, by having users create characters. However, I've run into some big problems:

1. I'm not sure how to create a bar field that can be increased with a post count, (i.e. "leveling up").

2. I can't figure out how to make an "if..then" like statement, for example, I have a choice list field in which you can chose to be good, bad, or neutral, but I then in turn want this choice to restrict what classes they can choose in the next choice list field.

3.Finally, I was wondering if there is a way to make text fields that are only editable once, (for example, a character description).

If anyone could enlighten me, just give some advice, or any other kind of help, (even a link to a good tutorial), I'd really, really appreciate it. Thanks for reading this, and I hope I can get past these problems to create a pretty cool forum.
me_just_in

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Character Sheets, need some help, please. Empty Re: Character Sheets, need some help, please.

Post by Bogo February 27th 2008, 12:20 pm

i ran in the same problem with the bar type fields. didn't manage to get it done. but now i have another problem...i can't get the bar field to stay between the "limits". Ex: the full bar measures 3 units, the empty bar measures 0. I can't get the bar to stay filled at 2 units or 1 unit. My question is. How can i do that? I have tried every tutorial i could find on the net and on your support forum.

if someone has a really good solution to this, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee help me...

my forum is located at: www.aras.progoo.us

WARNING! The forum's contents are in romanian!
Bogo

Language : romanian, english

Back to top Go down

Character Sheets, need some help, please. Empty Re: Character Sheets, need some help, please.

Post by Bogo February 27th 2008, 12:20 pm

i ran in the same problem with the bar type fields. didn't manage to get it done. but now i have another problem...i can't get the bar field to stay between the "limits". Ex: the full bar measures 3 units, the empty bar measures 0. I can't get the bar to stay filled at 2 units or 1 unit. My question is. How can i do that? I have tried every tutorial i could find on the net and on your support forum.

if someone has a really good solution to this, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee help me...

my forum is located at: www.aras.progoo.us

WARNING! The forum's contents are in romanian!
Bogo

Language : romanian, english

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky February 27th 2008, 12:53 pm

You can change the bar by going to the profile page of that member and you will find the Personalized profile Option on the lower right side of the screen where you can add the value you want. You can also change this value by going to admin panel=>Users & Groups=>Users=.Users and click on the member you would like to edit his/her profile. Now look for the "Personalized profile :" section.
PS: I am also from Romania. You should try using the Romanian support forum Here
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Killerguitar February 27th 2008, 11:43 pm

I was wondering about the "if...then" things. I guess I'd simply write rulz and check if the people act after them. Because the admins can change the sheet when they want to^^

It's the easiest way, though I'm also interested if it's possible.
Mr.Killerguitar
Mr.Killerguitar
Forumember

Male Posts : 388
Language : German, English, some indo-european stuff

http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de/

Back to top Go down