The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Sheet Help

2 posters

Go down

Character Sheet Help Empty Character Sheet Help

Post by me_just_in December 6th 2007, 6:04 pm

Hello everyone, I'm kind of confused upon how to properly do this....

I'm trying to set up an RPG like forum game, by having users create characters. However, I've run into some big problems:

1. I'm not sure how to create a bar field that can be increased with a post count, (i.e. "leveling up").

2. I can't figure out how to make an "if..then" like statement, for example, I have a choice list field in which you can chose to be good, bad, or neutral, but I then in turn want this choice to restrict what classes they can choose in the next choice list field.

3.Finally, I was wondering if there is a way to make text fields that are only editable once, (for example, a character description).

If anyone could enlighten me, just give some advice, or any other kind of help, (even a link to a good tutorial), I'd really, really appreciate it. Thanks for reading this, and I hope I can get past these problems to create a pretty cool forum.
me_just_in

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Character Sheet Help Empty Re: Character Sheet Help

Post by Har Dy December 7th 2007, 4:46 am

1. They will not automatically gain the Bar for you. (not possible)
2. Just add words in there , and if you go the their profile , and you can modify it.
3. Same as number 2 I think!!
Har Dy
Har Dy
Forumember

Male Posts : 693
Language : English , Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Character Sheet Help Empty Re: Character Sheet Help

Post by me_just_in December 7th 2007, 9:28 pm

Well, thanks for the help, unfortunately, all things have limitations I suppose Sad.
me_just_in

Language : English

Back to top Go down