The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read

+5
Ninja frog
Sanket
Caihlem
mgt98
kevin 1337
9 posters

Go down

Do You Want This

Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read Left1145%Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read Right11 45% 
[ 5 ]
Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read Left119%Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read Right11 9% 
[ 1 ]
Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read Left1145%Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read Right11 45% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read Empty Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read

Post by kevin 1337 July 7th 2011, 7:39 am

Please add this.
People like to say ***** alot to play in chatbox i hate doing /cls when they do or posting urls to p0rn site.
What the chatbox should have.

-remove a message with out halfing to clear the hole box
-word banning
-url banning
-IP banning JUST from shoutbox/chatbox like www.shoutmix.com has pritty cool
-admins/chatbox workers can go hidden post and stuff in shoutbox/cb but name wont say they are in there
-Founder can pick whats bu the chatbox workers names not a @ i have a hammer pic i call it ban hammer i would like that by there names not a @

-admins/workers for chatbox can change there name colors in chatbox
-workers can disable chatbox text colors smiles etc
-time out times a user our for what ever time a worker picks it will say You have been timed out for what ever time

-workers can click a user name it will say there name if they are in a group ban,time out,kick,mod,un mod if u mod em.

-auto pic size so say a admin puts a pic in chatbox it ant to big it sizes it auto
-flood controll you can not keep pasting the same stuff there must be a time limit or none let a worker pic

Admins/workers can have like scrolling text colors
Thanks for reading here is my web site
Click here for web site

Last edited by kevin 1337 on July 8th 2011, 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
kevin 1337
Forumember

Language : english

http://www.JtagModding.com

Back to top Go down

Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read Empty Re: Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read

Post by kevin 1337 July 7th 2011, 7:50 am

anyone like
kevin 1337
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read Empty Re: Best Chatbox/Shoutbox IDEAS Must read

Post by mgt98 July 7th 2011, 8:20 am

-remove a message with out halfing to clear the hole box - Yes!

-word banning - Yes!

-url banning - No

-IP banning JUST from shoutbox/chatbox like www.shoutmix.com has pritty cool - Not needed

-admins/chatbox workers can go hidden post and stuff in shoutbox/cb but name wont say they are in there - Agreed

-Founder can pick whats bu the chatbox workers names not a @ i have a hammer pic i call it ban hammer i would like that by there names not a @ - A good idea but I don't like it

-admins/workers for chatbox can change there name colors in chatbox
-workers can disable chatbox text colors smiles etc - Why is this needed

-time out times a user our for what ever time a worker picks it will say You have been timed out for what ever time - Already kind of possible

-workers can click a user name it will say there name if they are in a group ban,time out,kick,mod,un mod if u mod em. - Already an option

-auto pic size so say a admin puts a pic in chatbox it ant to big it sizes it auto - Agreed

-flood controll you can not keep pasting the same stuff there must be a time limit or none let a worker pic -Agreed

Admins/workers can have like scrolling text colors - No, too bright and would slow computers down.

Thanks for reading here is my web site
Click here for web site - Don't paste your website

Also, this is in the wrong section Wink
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Male Posts : 344
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem July 7th 2011, 3:20 pm

Wrong section
Ideas proposed already existant in a ChatBox Suggestion Thread

Yeesh, you'd think people would check the Suggestion section even if it is momentarilly locked as the staff are cleaning it up tongue
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 7th 2011, 4:23 pm

Well, the suggestion for your forums is locked for cleaning purposes.

I can either move it to that forum & keep that thread open after you add a poll here. Or just garbage it now & you can add it later.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin 1337 July 8th 2011, 6:44 am

once more thanks for replys and i gess move it i thought we posted what would be cool here.
can i get a link in a pm where we post what we would like
kevin 1337
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja frog July 9th 2011, 3:54 am

word banning- not reliant on the text being or not being capitalised its no use banning a word if they can just capitalize it, also a better way of adding banned words, like the way of adding options to a poll

default banned word option-a bank of words by forumotion that can be instantly added to a forum banned words list with a simple check-box while being editable by the admin(s) to save the hassle of every admin adding all the words they can think of

option to remove of text colour- members can abuse this and its not vital for a functioning chat

timer on chat ban-like on the forum ban select a time for the person to be banned for say i want someone to be banned for one hour but dont want to forget i want to put an hour on a timer and relax

chatbox colour editable in chatbox customization- to make it easier to find

flood control-also single letters repeated(obvious exceptions suck as kk) i have members who spam with (hhhhhhhhhhh) and such

password censoring-to stop the more careless members posting there password in the chatbox

admins seeing past clears with archives with pointers showing where the chat was cleared

storing sections of chat-give mods the ability to save areas of chat for admins to review even if they cant see it in the chat box

deletion of single posts-an invisible x to the far right of each post visible when the mouse is on that post and the post is highlighted(mods and admins only)

name alert- when someone says your full name (and you are away?) the chatbox makes a beep

chatbox groups-the ability of an admin to create groups and add people to them the group chat is used by putting /group name before the post, group chat appears in bold and a different colour, mods and admins can see all group chat, and an administration area within the chatbox area in the admin panel

oh and there is a glitch in the chat when you post a link in [url= ] [/url] with the link being to any part of the same forum it opens the page inside the chatbox(i have tested this on 4 or five forums)

thank you
Ninja frog
Ninja frog
Forumember

Male Posts : 34

http://funnypics.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 9th 2011, 5:00 am

Moved to the Suggestions for your Forums.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja frog July 30th 2011, 2:44 pm

bump
Ninja frog
Ninja frog
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by AMRES July 30th 2011, 3:32 pm

I like this idea - Administrators should be able to disable chatbox font colors.
AMRES
AMRES
Forumember

Male Posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by ConureMom August 1st 2011, 5:41 am

Agreed:

Remove a message with out needing to clear the whole box

IP banning from JUST the shoutbox/chatbox

Ability to click a user name it will say if they are in a group ban, time out, kick, mod, etc.

Option to automatically resize graphics.

Default banned word option-a bank of words by forumotion that can be instantly added to a forum banned words list with a simple check-box while being editable by the admin(s) to save the hassle of every admin adding all the words they can think of

Option to remove text colour, graphics and smilies- members can abuse this and its not vital for a functioning chat

Timer on chat ban-like on the forum ban select a time for the person to be banned for say i want someone to be banned for one hour but dont want to forget i want to put an hour on a timer and relax

Chatbox colour editable in chatbox customization- to make it easier to find

Flood control

***admins seeing past clears with archives with pointers showing where the chat was cleared

***storing sections of chat-give mods the ability to save areas of chat for admins to review even if they cant see it in the chat box - ability to save/email archives to admins

***deletion of single posts-an invisible x to the far right of each post visible when the mouse is on that post and the post is highlighted(mods and admins only)

Thanks to the OP and Ninja Frog for putting many of my thoughts into words.

***These suggestions are highest in importance for this member.

ConureMom

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin 1337 August 1st 2011, 9:29 am

ConureMom wrote:Agreed:

Remove a message with out needing to clear the whole box

IP banning from JUST the shoutbox/chatbox

Ability to click a user name it will say if they are in a group ban, time out, kick, mod, etc.

Option to automatically resize graphics.

Default banned word option-a bank of words by forumotion that can be instantly added to a forum banned words list with a simple check-box while being editable by the admin(s) to save the hassle of every admin adding all the words they can think of

Option to remove text colour, graphics and smilies- members can abuse this and its not vital for a functioning chat

Timer on chat ban-like on the forum ban select a time for the person to be banned for say i want someone to be banned for one hour but dont want to forget i want to put an hour on a timer and relax

Chatbox colour editable in chatbox customization- to make it easier to find

Flood control

***admins seeing past clears with archives with pointers showing where the chat was cleared

***storing sections of chat-give mods the ability to save areas of chat for admins to review even if they cant see it in the chat box - ability to save/email archives to admins

***deletion of single posts-an invisible x to the far right of each post visible when the mouse is on that post and the post is highlighted(mods and admins only)

Thanks to the OP and Ninja Frog for putting many of my thoughts into words.

***These suggestions are highest in importance for this member.

Thanks guys
kevin 1337
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja frog August 6th 2011, 3:01 am

Bump
Ninja frog
Ninja frog
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin 1337 August 6th 2011, 6:14 am

This needs in or some of it guys or people who add this stuff to the site
kevin 1337
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 August 7th 2011, 2:24 am

-remove a message with out halfing to clear the hole box ~yes.. but how are you going to do that?
-word banning ~yes
-url banning ~YES!! And how about link banning overall
-IP banning JUST from shoutbox/chatbox like www.shoutmix.com has pritty cool ~No
-admins/chatbox workers can go hidden post and stuff in shoutbox/cb but name wont say they are in there ~yes
-Founder can pick whats bu the chatbox workers names not a @ i have a hammer pic i call it ban hammer i would like that by there names not a @ ~maybe

-admins/workers for chatbox can change there name colors in chatbox ~No
-workers can disable chatbox text colors smiles etc ~No
-time out times a user our for what ever time a worker picks it will say You have been timed out for what ever time ~No

-workers can click a user name it will say there name if they are in a group ban,time out,kick,mod,un mod if u mod em. ~No

-auto pic size so say a admin puts a pic in chatbox it ant to big it sizes it auto ~yes
-flood controll you can not keep pasting the same stuff there must be a time limit or none let a worker pic ~No

Admins/workers can have like scrolling text colors ~No
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by mgt98 August 14th 2011, 1:36 am

AMRES wrote:I like this idea - Administrators should be able to disable chatbox font colors.
Agreed. That is really annoying.
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Male Posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 14th 2014, 5:29 am

Locked (suggestion clean up)
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down