The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Background picture isn't showing when changed but is there when the field is left empty

2 posters

Go down

Background picture isn't showing when changed but is there when the field is left empty Empty Background picture isn't showing when changed but is there when the field is left empty

Post by Diana July 12th 2011, 3:22 pm

So, I've been tryng to try out a few images for the background and all of a sudden the function stopped working.
When I remove the background image it still appears in the background. And when I try to change it to something else and in the acp it shows a different image but in the forum it still appears as the previous image. What happened?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Background picture isn't showing when changed but is there when the field is left empty Empty Re: Background picture isn't showing when changed but is there when the field is left empty

Post by boffer10 July 12th 2011, 8:07 pm

In phpbb3, what you have described happens because there is code in the CSS stylesheet specifying the background image or attributes for it. You may have to change it there.

This is what mine looks like:
Code:

body {
background-image: url("http://i45.servimg.com/u/f10/16/5/88/98/bg_bro10.png");
      background-repeat: repeat-x;
}

boffer10
Forumember

Male Posts : 311
Language : english

http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Background picture isn't showing when changed but is there when the field is left empty Empty Re: Background picture isn't showing when changed but is there when the field is left empty

Post by Diana July 12th 2011, 9:27 pm

I have phpbb2. I don't have any custom css that might interfere with the background.
I checked my forum's css and it has a different image there than the one that appears in the forum.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down