The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

deleting the contact field (ICQ,MSN,Skype...)

4 posters

Go down

deleting the contact field (ICQ,MSN,Skype...) Empty deleting the contact field (ICQ,MSN,Skype...)

Post by greut42 July 18th 2011, 5:24 pm

hi, I couldn´t find any topic so far about deleting the contact field in the profile. deleting the contact field (ICQ,MSN,Skype...) Infoch10
I would love to disaable this info. Also, is it possible to delete the age info?
Thanks for your answers, or for a link to an existing thread!
Cheers, greut42
greut42

Language : English

Back to top Go down

deleting the contact field (ICQ,MSN,Skype...) Empty Re: deleting the contact field (ICQ,MSN,Skype...)

Post by MrMario July 18th 2011, 6:07 pm

You can't delete the default profile fields.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

deleting the contact field (ICQ,MSN,Skype...) Empty thanks for your answer.

Post by greut42 July 18th 2011, 6:10 pm

But is there a way I can modify it?
i.g. html in Profile body section?
greut42

Back to top Go down

deleting the contact field (ICQ,MSN,Skype...) Empty Re: deleting the contact field (ICQ,MSN,Skype...)

Post by Empire_1 July 18th 2011, 6:11 pm

greut42 wrote:hi, I couldn´t find any topic so far about deleting the contact field in the profile. deleting the contact field (ICQ,MSN,Skype...) Infoch10
I would love to disaable this info. Also, is it possible to delete the age info?
Thanks for your answers, or for a link to an existing thread!
Cheers, greut42

You can't delete them but you can change their names! For example, if you don't want to lure users off your site, you can make the "Website" field seeable only to Administrators. Also, you can take away the icon image! And finally, you can prevent anyone from adding something there by renaming the whole field something else. I simply renamed it with a period (.). No one puts anything there now. Problem solved.
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by Polka-Dot-Heart July 18th 2011, 7:11 pm

Personally it's best to keep them because many users actually use them. That's just my opinion.

You cannot delete them, like people have said before however you can hide them so that only admins can see the contact info. To do that you need to go to your admin panel, then to the user group tab, then go to profiles. From there go to the contact field's tab. From there click the modify button and change "Display this field for users that are at least" to admins. Hope that helps. Smile
Polka-Dot-Heart
Polka-Dot-Heart
Forumember

Female Posts : 135

Back to top Go down