The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with post number

5 posters

Go down

Help with post number Empty Help with post number

Post by KissMeKassy August 15th 2011, 4:35 am

Hey there

A member asked to be deleted from my forum - which they were - and then a little while later decided to come back. They asked me if they could somehow get their number of posts back and have their posts that now say 'Guest' to say their username again. Is there any way to do this?

Thank you!
KissMeKassy

Female Posts : 10
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Help with post number Empty Re: Help with post number

Post by UmxOwnz August 15th 2011, 4:43 am

Not unless you would know the number he was to sign up.

example:

You were 1st to sign up

He was (Number to sign up)

I belive you would have to CSS sheet this.
UmxOwnz
Forumember

Language : Engulash

http://thegamingdash.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 15th 2011, 6:55 am

UmxOwnz wrote:Not unless you would know the number he was to sign up.

example:

You were 1st to sign up

He was (Number to sign up)

I belive you would have to CSS sheet this.

yeah i know of no way, maybe that would work but not sure where to find what number he was.. may be able to look at it from him being guest somehow? not sure.

Amway when a account is deleted it's irreversible.. thats why i always say always ban, never delete.. because if he was banned then all you would have had to do was un-ban him and everything would be fine. However if someone request to be deleted then by law you have to.
then ban his ip and email... lol

But since he decided to leave and not come back and his account was deleted, just say, well you requested your account to be deleted so i did it, i have no problem with you coming back, but you have to start all over again as new account/member

If it was me, i would have just banned the email and his ip,I am not very fond of people who request to have accounts deleted, unless it's for a good reason..

But other then that i have noticed through out the years, that people who request to have the account deleted, only return to stay awhile and do it again, and again and again.. so forget that..Who has time for all that Your either in or your out without the option to return.

True Dat cheers

But unless they had a real legit reason on why they needed to be deleted, then i would honor it with out blocking ip and email and allow them to return.

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 15th 2011, 9:53 am

Hi,

Basically, no you cannot, as you don't have a way to access the DB you cannot modify certain posts. Sorry.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather August 17th 2011, 3:32 pm

Hi, i'm agree with darren1. It's not possible, except may be with backup, if you deleted recently.
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down