The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHPBB3 Style Conversion to a Template

2 posters

Go down

PHPBB3 Style Conversion to a Template Empty PHPBB3 Style Conversion to a Template

Post by Corebalt August 25th 2011, 5:55 am

Hi, I'm trying to create (or at least, emulate) the Artodia theme/style. Which is here:

Artodia Theme (PHPBB3)

I made a test forum, and this is how far I've progressed:

Sammich's Test Forums

Unfortunately, even with the downloaded Artodia theme - this is as far as I could get. I copied all of the CSS into the appropriate section (if I recall: Display < Colors < CSS Stylesheet). I combined all of the sheets that are found in the "theme" folder... I don't know if that's okay.

As you can see, the text is a little jarring. And apparently, I lost a few buttons. More than a few actually.

I could use some assistance in completing the conversion, or at least getting as close as possible. I want to do this for my forumites after all.
Corebalt
Corebalt

Male Posts : 24
Language : English

http://sammich.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

PHPBB3 Style Conversion to a Template Empty Update

Post by Corebalt August 27th 2011, 8:04 pm

It's been... more than a few days now, so an update is appropriate. (If I'm not mistaken)

So far, I've gotten my test forum to look like this:

PHPBB3 Style Conversion to a Template Testsa10

Direct link.

As I mentioned before, trying to replicate the "Artodia: Air" theme/style which looks like this:

PHPBB3 Style Conversion to a Template Phpbb310

Demo of the Template found here.

----------------------------------------------
I've mimicked the CSS as best I code, and installed most of the required buttons and images. However, I'm unsure of what to do with the JS. Forum_fn, jquery-1.6.2, and style.js - I have them all, and uploaded them into FM's module... but I have no idea on where to include said scripts (the checkboxes). Also, I'm unsure on how to replicate the navbar/header. Where there are only a few big buttons... The downloaded template/theme for "Artodia: Air" has several HTML files, should I use those to make pages on the forum? : |

...I humbly ask for assistance. ^^
Corebalt
Corebalt

Back to top Go down

PHPBB3 Style Conversion to a Template Empty Re: PHPBB3 Style Conversion to a Template

Post by LGforum August 27th 2011, 8:24 pm

Because a real phpbb3 requires templates and we don't have access or the ability to change our templates for phpbb3 its unlikely you'll get there.

When you download a real phpbb3 theme, the file called Templates become the templates of the forum, so it isn't possible with forumotion because you can't insert anything into the root directory.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

PHPBB3 Style Conversion to a Template Empty Re: PHPBB3 Style Conversion to a Template

Post by Corebalt August 27th 2011, 8:43 pm

Ah. Thanks for the response LG.

I understand the inability to use the templates provided in the download files. I figured as much after checking other related questions/topics on FM.

Have I exhausted the amount of CSS I can use to replicate Artodia then? I've really fallen in love with the large buttons in the navigation bar - and those seem to be created by just coding, rather than images.
Corebalt
Corebalt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 27th 2011, 10:30 pm

Here's some comments:

Every HTML/PHP and javascript file from the theme you downloaded should be deleted, because they are all incompatible with forumotion boards.

The forumotion phpBB3 DOM is not quite the same as on a stock phpBB3 board, so you may need to change some of the CSS you downloaded.

You will need to create your own CSS for the navbar buttons, or you can make a request HERE for image-based buttons.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Corebalt August 28th 2011, 5:41 pm

Thanks Dion... I think I'll just give up on replicating the Artodia Theme.

I've been at it for nearly a week. I'll just switch over to Invision and make the little changes I can do with it.
Corebalt
Corebalt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 28th 2011, 6:29 pm

Hi,

If you like that style that much, and you have HTML & CSS knowledge, you could pretty much make an exact replica of that style using PunBB version for the templates mods. This may time quite some time though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 28th 2011, 6:30 pm

Yeah its hard without templates on phpBB3 but if i try then i may make it some look like that Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Corebalt August 28th 2011, 10:47 pm

Wisdom. wrote:Hi,

If you like that style that much, and you have HTML & CSS knowledge, you could pretty much make an exact replica of that style using PunBB version for the templates mods. This may time quite some time though.

Thanks for the response Wisdom.

I'm not that advanced in HTML or CSS (a budding coder) and I don't have nearly enough time to devote to retooling everything required thanks to recent events.

No worries though, sometime in the future - I hope to be good enough in coding to get back to this idea lol
Corebalt
Corebalt

Back to top Go down