The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to set auto watch forums (not posts)

4 posters

Go down

Solved How to set auto watch forums (not posts)

Post by Atarei September 14th 2011, 12:13 pm

Hey there,

I am the admin of Czemsa.super-forum.net. It is a website to keep medical students in a foreign country informed about events and activities.

We used to use the Yahoo group system (a mass - emailing system). I persuaded my friends this was not the best way to go when we would like to archive important information and preferably events rather than scrolling through a lot of trash.

Currently my problem is that I require to somehow set for my forum members auto - watching capacity to forums - such that if a new post subject comes up they will equally be in tuned. My members will likely be people who are really lazy and non - technology savvy people who just needs to be kept informed (preferably immediately notified by email without having posted in the said forum prior to information)

My needs are preferably
1) How to make it such that members are informed of new threads and post as if it was an email system
2) How to perhaps assign particular forum auto watch for the various group (I will be assigning them to their groups and interested forums

I have had very good experience with forumotion in my previous forum Drcoolbeans.friendhood.net (deleted) and would sincerely request help on this matter =)

Regards,
Kevin Kuan
Atarei

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to set auto watch forums (not posts)

Post by Diana September 14th 2011, 12:45 pm

Well, if you go on a subforum there's a link at the right bottom Start watching this forum. Does that work as you desire?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post by Atarei September 14th 2011, 6:24 pm

well actually no unfortunately =)

Cuz I have to configure such that these people are able to view new subforums (when its newly posted by anyone)

It might be a little tough in fact to ask some of these people (who are not forum savvy) to click watch this forum. You could almost expect that they would not be pleased for that extra hassle as would if our society remained with just a mass emailing concept no matter how much more benefits a forum would bring.
Atarei

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario September 14th 2011, 6:45 pm

Users will need to do this. You can't force your users.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Atarei September 14th 2011, 6:47 pm

Alright. If the users have to do this - could there be a way to make it easier for them such that if

1) they join a specific group, they could get updated on all the subforums in a forum?
2) Or perhaps they could subscribe to a forum, such that any new subforum is posted, they are still kept in touch rather than having to browse the forum every so often?

Thanx =)

EDIT " Thanx Rhe, I din fully understand what your suggestion meant until I had one subforum in one of my forum (inside my website forum), allowing me to watch the forum. =) - I would still appreciate any info about the group thread watching preference tho if there is such a thing."

Last edited by Atarei on September 14th 2011, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Have to thank Rhe for updated understanding)
Atarei

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario September 14th 2011, 6:50 pm

Sorry nope.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Atarei September 14th 2011, 6:55 pm

Thanx! Please mark this query as complete. Rhe, you were a great help =)
Atarei

Back to top Go down

Post by Base September 14th 2011, 8:49 pm

Solved => Locked and Archived
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down