The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is my forum logo background not appearing transparent???

+2
Luky
dnx-x1
6 posters

Go down

Why is my forum logo background not appearing transparent??? Empty Why is my forum logo background not appearing transparent???

Post by dnx-x1 December 18th 2007, 11:29 pm

In my program I used to make it with, the image background is transparent. Yet, when I use it as my forum logo, the background is white. Why is that?
dnx-x1
dnx-x1

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Why is my forum logo background not appearing transparent??? Empty Re: Why is my forum logo background not appearing transparent???

Post by Luky December 18th 2007, 11:43 pm

Well it might depend on the program that you used to make your logo. Also note that if you save your logo in jpg format it doesn't support transparency. Check if your logo is in png format.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Why is my forum logo background not appearing transparent??? Empty Re: Why is my forum logo background not appearing transparent???

Post by dnx-x1 December 18th 2007, 11:52 pm

I used Paint Shop Pro 7. The file is in .png. That's how I save all my files Smile
dnx-x1
dnx-x1

Back to top Go down

Post by dnx-x1 December 19th 2007, 10:46 pm

bump
dnx-x1
dnx-x1

Back to top Go down

Post by Raph95 December 19th 2007, 11:16 pm

I can make a transparent one in *.gif format. Just can you please post picture here?

Gritz
Raph95
Raph95
Forumember

Male Posts : 798
Language : English, Serban, Croatian, Bosinan :)

http://TMNT-Forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dnx-x1 December 19th 2007, 11:20 pm

dnx-x1
dnx-x1

Back to top Go down

Post by Raph95 December 20th 2007, 7:21 pm

Raph95
Raph95
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem December 20th 2007, 8:34 pm

What browser do you have?

IE6 doesn't support PNG transparency
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dnx-x1 December 20th 2007, 8:45 pm

Caihlem wrote:What browser do you have?

IE6 doesn't support PNG transparency

I use Firefox 2 with the latest version.
dnx-x1
dnx-x1

Back to top Go down

Post by dnx-x1 December 21st 2007, 4:21 pm

bump....
dnx-x1
dnx-x1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokemon mat December 21st 2007, 5:31 pm

I know what the problem is use paint.net and use that magic want this and click the ersaser to delete the background. and save as .Png

I had the same problems.
Pokemon mat
Pokemon mat
Forumember

Male Posts : 39
Language : english

http://pokemonhacker12345.forum-2007.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dnx-x1 December 22nd 2007, 3:33 pm

Pokemon mat wrote:I know what the problem is use paint.net and use that magic want this and click the ersaser to delete the background. and save as .Png

I had the same problems.

I can't use pain.net and it wouldn't make a difference. It worked fine on other images I've done...
dnx-x1
dnx-x1

Back to top Go down

Post by Raph95 December 22nd 2007, 5:32 pm

Is it working with *.gif?
Raph95
Raph95
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon December 22nd 2007, 6:55 pm

dnx-x1 wrote:I used Paint Shop Pro 7. The file is in .png. That's how I save all my files Smile

IE dose not support PNG transperety save it .gif and it will work Very Happy

well try color the logo the same color as your background so it would look transperent Very Happy
Tymon
Tymon
Forumember

Language : Maltese/English

Back to top Go down