The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it Possible to Lock The Entire Forum/Website????

3 posters

Go down

Is it Possible to Lock The Entire Forum/Website???? Empty Is it Possible to Lock The Entire Forum/Website????

Post by apla1297 November 14th 2011, 12:05 am

Hello,
This is my first post..... but so far i love the Formations!!! its great!!!!

Anyway back to the problem was wondering if it is possible to make it so that before any user including admins must first log in before even seeing any part of the forum because i need it to be completly locked like this fourm

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/faq.php?boardid=15779&show=faq

this is my old fourm i was using but i like your fourms better but that is the only thing i need to fix!!!!!

if you could help that would be great!

From your friend
Andrew_P.
apla1297

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is it Possible to Lock The Entire Forum/Website???? Empty Re: Is it Possible to Lock The Entire Forum/Website????

Post by Guest November 14th 2011, 12:09 am

Set the permissions Perms Administration Panel => General => Forum => Categories and forums...

Back to top Go down

Is it Possible to Lock The Entire Forum/Website???? Empty Re: Is it Possible to Lock The Entire Forum/Website????

Post by Bpoetic November 14th 2011, 12:12 am

I don't think you can lock out the admins unless you would change their passwords.
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594

http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by apla1297 November 14th 2011, 12:13 am

Witch Permissions would i set because when i set them i still get where they can read stuff in my widgets i was trying to get it like this one

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/faq.php?boardid=15779&show=faq

so they can see anything but login and register!
apla1297

Back to top Go down

Post by apla1297 November 14th 2011, 12:14 am

Bpoetic wrote:I don't think you can lock out the admins unless you would change their passwords.

The Admins Are Less Important But I Defiantly Need The Normal Users!
apla1297

Back to top Go down

Post by apla1297 November 14th 2011, 12:28 am

In basic terms im asking if you can make a required login?
apla1297

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! November 14th 2011, 12:32 am

You can do so, but after one day it will reopen.

Administration Panel --> General --> Forum --> Configuration --> Forum in construction --> Yes.

You may also hit the button Customize to change the default text.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpoetic November 14th 2011, 12:45 am

I have never seen a way to make mandatory sign in. Maybe someone else knows if there is . . . never seen it. IF there is, then I would proceed below.

I think first, you need to set up either the portal OR an HTML Page that would become your enter page:

Modules>Portal>Show the Portal=YES
Don't add widgets to the portal
Then go to:
Display>Generalities>Your forum direct to=Portal
** You see the option for HTML Page there too. You'd need to make an HTML page first . . .
Modules>HTML Page Management

Hope this helps:-)

bev
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594

http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by apla1297 November 14th 2011, 12:48 am

That was semi helpful now i just need to see if i can get that to work all the time !
apla1297

Back to top Go down

Post by apla1297 November 14th 2011, 12:49 am

Thanks sooo much Bpotic i will give it a try!
apla1297

Back to top Go down

Post by apla1297 November 14th 2011, 1:14 am

Bpoetic wrote:I have never seen a way to make mandatory sign in. Maybe someone else knows if there is . . . never seen it. IF there is, then I would proceed below.

I think first, you need to set up either the portal OR an HTML Page that would become your enter page:

Modules>Portal>Show the Portal=YES
Don't add widgets to the portal
Then go to:
Display>Generalities>Your forum direct to=Portal
** You see the option for HTML Page there too. You'd need to make an HTML page first . . .
Modules>HTML Page Management

Hope this helps:-)

bev

it almost worked but i ran into a problem........ its not redirecting correctly its goin to the fourm home page not to the portal or html page!
apla1297

Back to top Go down

Post by apla1297 November 14th 2011, 1:17 am

Never Mind........... But One last thing is it possible to then take away the navigation bar?
apla1297

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! November 14th 2011, 1:27 am

Yes, through the templates.

Also, not trying to act like staff, but your going to get in big trouble if you keep double posting.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by apla1297 November 14th 2011, 1:29 am

Oh didnt know that like i said im new to the wole posting thing thanks for letting me know
apla1297

Back to top Go down