In Holiday Mode: how can I give Mods full access plse? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Holiday Mode: how can I give Mods full access plse?

In Holiday Mode: how can I give Mods full access plse? Empty In Holiday Mode: how can I give Mods full access plse?

Post by Guest December 31st 2007, 7:30 pm

scratch I have put my Forum into "Holiday" mode for a couple of days.
    I see that this has given me the desired result - which is -
    no new members can register.
    Guests and members can browse.
    Members can login and send private messages.
    but no-one is able to post on the boards.

BUT one other thing I need to do - but can't find how to do it........
    Configure the forum so that whilst on "Holiday" - the moderators can gain full access to our boards. I'm sure I've heard mention of this being possible - but after searching the Support Forum, can't find it now.

Would be grateful for any help with this. Thanks very much

Cas salut
    Eximma
    Eximma
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1358
    Language : French, English, learning japanese [gave up with german :'(]

In Holiday Mode: how can I give Mods full access plse? Empty Re: In Holiday Mode: how can I give Mods full access plse?

Post by Eximma December 31st 2007, 7:34 pm

Hello.

I don't think it's possible... If you trust your mods, you can give them the admin rights, but otherwise, in my opinion, this is not possible... Wink

In Holiday Mode: how can I give Mods full access plse? Empty Re: In Holiday Mode: how can I give Mods full access plse?

Post by Guest December 31st 2007, 7:46 pm

Oh right, thanks very much Eximma. I was sure I'd read somewhere that it was possible - Must have dreamt it!! I don't want that

Well - I do trust my Mods - so I might do a temporary Admin rights configuration for any of them that do want to get in to do some tidying. (I have actually done that previously when in "closed for maintenance" mode). Thanks again, Cas