Holiday Mode: Register Button & unfriendly message Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday Mode: Register Button & unfriendly message

Holiday Mode: Register Button & unfriendly message Empty Holiday Mode: Register Button & unfriendly message

Post by Guest April 1st 2008, 1:25 pm

Hi all,

Once every few weeks I switch my Forum into "on holiday" mode for a few days (or as I prefer to call it "limited access" mode). This allows me to give my Mods some time out and I can do a bit of Admin catching up whilst knowing there'll be no new posts on the boards nor new member registrations. I also like it - as all other usual facilities such as Private Messaging, are still available to members during that time).

My last "holiday mode/limited access" stint was the end of January. Up to and including that time, "holiday mode" auto configuration included removal of the "Register" button from the Menu, which was quite OK. Last night I switched into "holiday mode" for a few days now of the same "limited access". But then discovered that this time, the "Register" button was still displayed on my Menu. Clicked on the Register button and then received what I feel is a very unfriendly and unnecessary message........... this.......
    " Administrators have forbidden any new members "

Explored Admin Panel to see if could remove the register button manually or if there was some other new option maybe for changing that message. But no nothing.

So this is a complaint.........
    Why has that change been made to "holiday mode configuration"?
    it was not necessary.

Anyway - to overcome it the best way I can - I've created a new Button to temporarily replace the usual "Register" button, as follows...........
    Holiday Mode: Register Button & unfriendly message Noregi10

and hope that will deter new users from clicking on it only to receive the unfriendly message telling them they are "forbidden"!!

Perhaps that message telling folks they are "forbidden" can please be changed to something more user friendly - such as the notes on my BIG button above???

Cas

EDIT 3rd April 08 - I perhaps posted this on the wrong board.
    Have now referred to it with a Poll on the Suggestions Board >>
    Improve standard message for when new registrations unavailable

Last edited by Cas on April 3rd 2008, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link to new Topic on Suggestions Board)