Alternative "New PM"-Button in Flash Header Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Alternative "New PM"-Button in Flash Header

zakir321

Language : english

Alternative "New PM"-Button in Flash Header Empty Alternative "New PM"-Button in Flash Header

Post by zakir321 Wed 2 Jan 2008 - 17:44

Hello there,

i recently started creating a flash header for my forum, it should replace the whole top navbar. Fine so far, except one little blemish i see lying ahead of me.

Basically i want it to be visible in flash, if the members have new pm's. Kind of an alternative button or text if a message is in their respective inbox. I don't know if that is even possible, but if someone knows how i could verify that, please leave a reply. help would be much appreciated. =)

thx in advance. (oh and plz be patient with me, im a flash beginner yet)

~Sunny
    zakir321

Alternative "New PM"-Button in Flash Header Empty Re: Alternative "New PM"-Button in Flash Header

Post by zakir321 Thu 3 Jan 2008 - 19:22

i'd like to bump this, hopefully someone may have an answer...
    Luky
    Luky
    Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
    Language : Romanian, English

Alternative "New PM"-Button in Flash Header Empty Re: Alternative "New PM"-Button in Flash Header

Post by Luky Thu 3 Jan 2008 - 19:24

If you know how to create your forum logo in flash with buttons then you can replace the forum logo with the one that you made and the buttons for it.
    zakir321

Post by zakir321 Thu 3 Jan 2008 - 19:33

hm... i didn't meant it that way, replacing the logo should not be the problem. i'll explain another way:

i basically want only a visual effect on the messages-button in my flash menu, so any member can easily see if there are new messages or not.

at the moment i have set an animated gif in my forum navbar, but as i want that navbar integrated in my flash-file, it will disappear. and now i don't know how to solve that in flash. =)
    Luky
    Luky
    Energetic

Post by Luky Thu 3 Jan 2008 - 19:35

I understood what you said but I don't think you can do that unless you create a logo with buttons in flash.
    zakir321

Post by zakir321 Thu 3 Jan 2008 - 19:41

oh, thats too bad... probably it would be better to do it entirely without flash then...

thanks for your time anyway.
    Luky
    Luky
    Energetic

Post by Luky Thu 3 Jan 2008 - 23:06

No problem Wink