The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

URL Links not posting properly

Denial048

Language : English

Solved URL Links not posting properly

Post by Denial048 January 4th 2012, 10:13 pm

Hi all, been having a problem over the last few days where using the URL tags is not working.

For instance, I will post a link to an external site in this manner: external link

but it will appear link this
    Code:
    [url=external link]http://www.trueachievements.com/register.aspx?rgamerid=322199[/url]

If I post the web address straight the page itself, I do not encounter any problems, but I personally prefer to hide the website from the post as I feel it makes it look 'uglier'. Anyone able to have a look at this? The site is set to private at the moment, I do have a dummy account available for a moderator to come look at the site with though.

EDIT: Ah, it appears to me that I am having the same trouble here, I am unsure if it is just me, but the code outside the 'code box' hasn't worked properly either.

Last edited by Denial048 on January 4th 2012, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solved Re: URL Links not posting properly

Post by Guest January 4th 2012, 10:23 pm

Code:
    [url="http://www.trueachievements.com/register.aspx?rgamerid=322199"]Your text goes here or an picture [/url]
    Denial048

Post by Denial048 January 4th 2012, 10:24 pm

Ah, I see! I had been doing it the wrong way around, as had some members of the forum! Now I feel really stupid...

EDIT: And, with that, the problem is fixed. Thank you very much
    Nera.
    Nera.
    Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Post by Nera. January 5th 2012, 12:51 am

Topic Solved & Locked

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 9:21 pm