The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+5
Darren1
Codyy
Nera.
SLGray
F1
9 posters

suspicious activity

F1

Language : english

Solved suspicious activity

Post by F1 January 6th 2012, 11:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can someone please help me. I have signed up to a forum for like 3 months, haven't done anything wrong, and I get blocked. Why it that? Who can unban me Question
    Codyy
    Codyy
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1032
    Language : English

Solved Re: suspicious activity

Post by Codyy January 15th 2012, 6:18 pm

ToTheFuture wrote:That's absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary in my case, though I understand that others may want it... There should definitely be an option.
    Thanks.
    If there was an option and a spammer joined and potently hacked the forum, admins would come complaining to us and blame ForuMotion for not being safe enough. It happened 2 years ago, in my very own case on a forum that I worked on.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk January 17th 2012, 6:53 am

Darren1 wrote:Does it by any chance say this:

We have detected suspicious activity related to your email. To unlock your account, please click here and complete the form.

Click here to return to the Index

If so, please fill in the form and it should unlock your account.

If not,
    what error is given?

F1 please answer this question Darren is asking.
    Because this is something forumotion added with one of the latest updates for security improvements. (May be 3 or 4 months ago by now) It works in the background. If you get this message then you have to basically just fill the form in verifying you are human then you should no longer have any problems..

I do believe there is a way for admin to turn this off in the ACP, But i will have to find out what setting it is, and of course that would be up to the founder on whether or not he wants to disable it.

As Stated over here
    On addintion of that, another active safety system works continuously in the background and analysis in real time connections and actions of your forum members and intervenes if a suspicious action is detected
    brigitte & mike

Language : english

Post by brigitte & mike January 24th 2012, 3:43 am

A member on my forum just complained of this. They said all they did was try to reply to a post. Here's what they said about the page after the "suspicious activity" message.

It has an "onlineguardian.net" logo in the top corner.

Hello,

Our system has detected suspicious activity related to your account or your computer. Please complete the form below to regularize the situation and return to the forum.

They tried to get the "captcha" image correct 4 times before being able to do so and once they did, they lost the content of their post. Very frustrating. If there is a way for me to turn this off I would appreciate the heads up.

Thanks!
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Post by SLGray January 24th 2012, 3:46 am

suspicious activity  - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk January 24th 2012, 4:57 pm

Yeah it's just part of the anti spam security feature that works in the background, If you get a member that comes across this, then tell them to just fill in the form, Somehow they are triggering something for it to come up.

But if they are not doing anything wrong then they have nothing to worry about, Just tell them to fill the forum in and be done with it.

There is nothing we can do to prevent this, This is new feature forumotion has in place to help help protect our forums.

With that being said, This question has been answered more then once so i will now mark as solved, Lock and move to archives. thumright

Topic Solved & Locked

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 9:30 am