Stopping 'Topic Reply Notification' ?? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Stopping 'Topic Reply Notification' ??

ASOF
    Forumember

Male Posts : 41
    Language : English

Stopping 'Topic Reply Notification' ?? Empty Stopping 'Topic Reply Notification' ??

Post by ASOF February 1st 2012, 12:42 pm

We have a problem that has started with our forum within about the last week - Members including moderators and admin are receiving emails saying: 'Hello, You receive this e-mail because you are watching the topic' none of these members have clicked on 'watch topic' and our complaining at the level of emails they are receiving and why they cant opt out of this? Why has this only recently started? it's never been a problem until recently.

2-3 days ago I cleared 'topics being watched' in my profile, but today again I have '25 topic(s) being watched' - I haven't chosen to watch any of these topics and this is what other members are reporting? I have told them to switch off 'Display a notification when new replies are written' and I have also disabled this but it still keeps saying we are watching topics?

I've noticed many members are now disabling 'Always notify me of replies' which I'm not happy about as we have a high percentage of members that do not visit frequently and could miss reply's to their posts which would encourage them back to the forum, can anyone explain why this has started happening?

Thanks

Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Stopping 'Topic Reply Notification' ?? Empty Re: Stopping 'Topic Reply Notification' ??

Post by Sanket February 1st 2012, 12:52 pm

Profile>Preferences
    Always notify me of replies :No
    Save.

Profile>Preferences
    Topics being watched
    Delete all the threads.
    Save.

This should sort the problem.
    ASOF
    Forumember

Stopping 'Topic Reply Notification' ?? Empty Re: Stopping 'Topic Reply Notification' ??

Post by ASOF February 1st 2012, 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Sanket

Why has this just started though?

Surely the 'Always notify me of replies' should only work if someone has replied to a topic you have created or replied to a post you have made? and has nothing to do with topics being watched?
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket February 1st 2012, 1:08 pm

This was a bug that happened a couple of weeks ago. I am surprised, you have faced this problem now. I just hope, this problem isn't new.
    ASOF
    Forumember

Post by ASOF February 1st 2012, 1:33 pm

Well it's only effected me in the last few days? My members only started complaining about it a few days ago as well, never had this issue before Confused
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket February 1st 2012, 1:38 pm

The problem was resolved, but the settings needed to be changed as i mentioned in my previous posts.