Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested

joanne_v

Language : english

Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested Empty Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested

Post by joanne_v February 3rd 2010, 3:17 pm

Ive only had my forum running a few days but members who have clicked to not receive email for topic notifications in their profile prefs are still getting them. Is there anything I can do to stop this? I usually want them but turned them to see what happened, lasted an hour or so but now they are back even though my prefs are the same....
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
    Language : English

Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested Empty Re: Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested

Post by Sanket February 3rd 2010, 7:58 pm

Just go into profile>Topic being watched tab

Remove the topics from there.
    Save
    joanne_v

Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested Empty Re: Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested

Post by joanne_v February 3rd 2010, 11:31 pm

Yep that works until the next time someone posts.... dont want members having to go to their preferences every time they post in order to stop getting emails. Why does the main option not work?
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Post by MrMario February 4th 2010, 2:20 am

Its not needed to do that every time. There is no option to disable this for all users.

Go to Profile // Preferences // look for email me for topics being watched // No // Save
    joanne_v

Post by joanne_v February 4th 2010, 9:56 am

Thats already been done MrMario but they are still coming through....
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket February 4th 2010, 10:09 am

Does it happen with new threads?
    joanne_v

Post by joanne_v February 4th 2010, 10:15 am

I've asked people to tell me if its all threads they've posted on or topics they have started, seems to be a mix.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket February 4th 2010, 12:49 pm

Well, just doing it via Profile>topics being watched
    Removing all the threads.

Then doing as MrMario suggested to sort the settings for you.

You should guide your members to do this. Then give us a feedback.