The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help ASAP!

2 posters

Go down

Solved Need help ASAP!

Post by CJs87Stang 5/2/2012, 04:11

So as of recent, our forum has started getting goofy regarding the forums actually refreshing itself without being commanded to, which can obviously be seen in the Google Chrome browser, as well as any other browser currently since I have done my observation. I have seen this in other "forumotion" related forums and they are also having this type of difficulty. No one in the Administrators level have done any changes to the Templates nor the CSS or widget's or html pages or etc. So I'm not sure if it's the Forumotion server that's having this difficulty in their coding somewhere or if it's just their server that is having problems.

I would like for this issue to resolve immediately before anything worse happens. We have never had this problem before on our forum so I can tell if it was us or if it was forumotion because forumotion does tend to mess things up without notifying their customers, which is a disappointment.

Is there any way we can resolve this issue ASAP?

Last edited by CJs87Stang on 5/2/2012, 06:57; edited 2 times in total
CJs87Stang
Forumember

Male Posts : 33
Language : English

http://cjdesigns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Need help ASAP!

Post by ProphecyCSS 5/2/2012, 04:17

It isnt forumotion because i have a forum which is still performing great, check all your widgets and html pages...etc see if everything is up to date nd see if its your browsers
If this problem continues to happen comeback and ill help you further
ProphecyCSS
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by CJs87Stang 5/2/2012, 04:21

I keep getting Request Limit Exceeded message when I just clicked to get to another page, it has been more then 3 minutes since I've went to another page. I'll re-check everything.

But like I've said previously, no one in the Administration level changed anything in the Admin panel.
CJs87Stang
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ProphecyCSS 5/2/2012, 04:27

It could be you have widgets that needs to be updated since you havent updated anything
ProphecyCSS
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by CJs87Stang 5/2/2012, 04:36

Google Chrome and Safari and Internet Explorer are still constantly refreshing. I've checked everything and I've found nothing that is revolving the refresh's. I've re-sync'd the forum again and nothing was resolved. I've looked at the Administration panel, and no one has modified anything. So I'm not really sure what's going on...

We'll leave it be for tonight, see if it stops or not. Hopefully by morning it will be resolved one way or another. I've gotta get going.

@ProphecyCSS - The only widgets I have are the following:

Login (Which is created by Forumotion.)
Admin Chatbox (3rd Party Application Chat Service - Checked the original link and nothing was wrong with it. Also have checked and modified the coding and no changes took effect. It was still acting funny...)
General Chatbox (Same as Admin.)
Recent Topics (Created by Forumotion.)
Calendar (Created by Forumotion.)

- CJ
CJs87Stang
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ProphecyCSS 5/2/2012, 04:41

can you link me to your forum?
ProphecyCSS
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by CJs87Stang 5/2/2012, 06:45

It appears I have made a look over on the chat box. Please remove this thread. I apologize for any confusions.
CJs87Stang
Forumember

Back to top Go down