The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chatbox and Warning Bar Inquiry

2 posters

Go down

Solved Chatbox and Warning Bar Inquiry

Post by Guest February 7th 2012, 5:22 am

Greetings, all!

Say I wanted the pop-out chatbox v 3.0, but didn't have index widgets. Is there another place to put the first section of coding on my forum where the chatbox will still work? (Such as the portal, even if my chatbox is on my index? Or would I have to move my chatbox to my portal, too, if I did that?)

I just don't want to use index widgets and it looks weird to have it indented there with no widgets present, but I don't want to move my chatbox to the portal, either.

Additionally, I'd like to ask about my warning system. I do use warning bars, but for some reason, it allows anyone who registers to pick which "warning bar" they want. Is there a way to disallow those who are registering from being able to choose that? Thank you for your time!

Smile!
Leah7

Last edited by Leah7 on February 16th 2012, 4:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Chatbox and Warning Bar Inquiry

Post by Guest February 8th 2012, 5:39 pm

Hello, all, again! I'll bump this, but I'll be editing my first post here so as to add a second question and to change the title so that it'll fit for both.

=)
Leah7

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 8th 2012, 8:21 pm

Hello,

Use a HTML page and link the page to the forum.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil February 9th 2012, 3:48 am

Leah7 wrote:Additionally, I'd like to ask about my warning system. I do use warning bars, but for some reason, it allows anyone who registers to pick which "warning bar" they want. Is there a way to disallow those who are registering from being able to choose that? Thank you for your time!
Hello Leah7! I hope I can be a bit of help.

You need to check in your adminstration panel for that particular profile field.
There is a question that ask if you want it to be 'Necessarily filled ?', change your answer to 'No'.
Saying yes is the reason it forces your members to answer that for themselves while creating the account.
If you gave a 'default' content, that is what will be assigned to them after they create their accounts.

Please let us know, if taht worked. Lol
Kaynil
Kaynil

Language : English & Español

http://roczuz.com/-c2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 16th 2012, 4:12 am

Thanks so much, everyone, these all helped a great deal! =)

This is solved, I appreciate everyone's help so very much.

Back to top Go down