The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

Reporting A Forum

Tolak

Language : English

Solved Reporting A Forum

Post by Tolak February 12th 2012, 1:37 pm

I would appreciate a member of your management team contacting me concerning a situation with a forum created by the free forum service you offer. This situation concerns a bit of plagiarism concerning a forum I admin, as well as some member spoofing from the forum I admin. Apparently the founding admin of this forum is the source of this issue.

I have already used your litigation form, and after a week with no response I am quite disappointed. I would like to have dealt with this via your PM system, apparently I don't yet have the post count necessary to enable this feature.

Thank you for looking into this, looking forward to a reply.

Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Solved Re: Reporting A Forum

Post by Sanket February 12th 2012, 1:40 pm

Sorry, but we do not deal with such issues here. Firstly, you should wait for atleast 15 days before any action is taken. If no action is taken by then, it means the litigation team did not find the claims worthy of a action as severe as deletion of a forum.
    Tolak

Post by Tolak February 12th 2012, 4:26 pm

Thank you for your reply. I didn't notice anything mentioning a 15 day turn around time, that doesn't mean it isn't there somewhere though. I don't see deletion of the forum as being needed, simply the removal of our material.

Looks like it's another week or so of waiting on my end, thank you again for your reply.

MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Post by MrMario February 12th 2012, 6:43 pm

Hello,

You won't hear anything back from the team on the results.
    Tolak

Post by Tolak February 13th 2012, 1:08 am

I have no problem with the lack of a reply from the litigation team, as long as the issue is resolved. We strive to be considerably more responsive on the forum I admin than the 15 days stated by Sanket, I'll just have to explain to the members involved that it is delayed due to this.

Is the 15 days an average, or Forumotion policy for a cutoff time?

Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket February 13th 2012, 8:40 am

An example, Forumotion if finds a forum disrespecting the TOS, but not to a certain extent as to be deleted. It gives a certain time period for that forum to rectify itself. They get a warning with a deadline in their admin panel to confirm with the TOS, failure to do so can cause severe repercussions. So i assumed this time period to be atleast 10 days. Hence, added 5 days more & there i deduced it to be atleast 15 days. It could take more too. So there is nothing more that we can help you with.
    Tolak

Post by Tolak February 14th 2012, 1:35 am

I see. Thank you for taking the time to assist with the clarification of this issue, it will certainly help with our response to members involved, as well as assist our site management with any future issues such as this should they reoccur.

Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922

Post by Jophy February 14th 2012, 1:36 am

Topic Solved & Moved

Note: You can also help the staff member's work by EDITING your topic and marking it as solved.

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 9:17 pm