The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

Can I Change My User Handle From Admin to Something Else Without Causing a Problem for My Site?

RedMomma5
    RedMomma5
    Forumember

Language : English

Solved Can I Change My User Handle From Admin to Something Else Without Causing a Problem for My Site?

Post by RedMomma5 February 24th 2012, 8:24 pm

I had a PM from a member today saying that they felt uncomfortable posting around me as "Admin". I had thought about changing my user handle from "Admin" to something else but was unsure if this would create a problem for my site as I was directed to use "Admin" when creating the site.

Can I change it? Would this create a problem of any kind for my site and my function as the Administrator? I tried looking for threads where others might have asked this question but found nothing. Thank you.
    aRt)Y
    aRt)Y
    Forumember

Male Posts : 97
    Language : German

Solved Re: Can I Change My User Handle From Admin to Something Else Without Causing a Problem for My Site?

Post by aRt)Y February 24th 2012, 10:04 pm

It shouldnt cause any problems since you simply change your account from "admin -> xyz". You'll still have the rights just on another account, plus your login name has changed, too.
    This also shouldnt cause any problems for the security of your forum since you need the "creater email adress" for back-ups, etc.

And believe me, the owners of the other (ten) thousand forums have probably already changed their admin name Wink
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Solved Re: Can I Change My User Handle From Admin to Something Else Without Causing a Problem for My Site?

Post by kirk February 24th 2012, 10:23 pm

You can change your user name and rank to whatever you want,
    You can also choose the admin group to be hidden as well.

As far as someone saying they are uncomfortable posting around admin.
    Well that seems a little silly to me, you would have administration on any sites you join, I would just tell them not to post anything that would break your forum rules or TOS and they have no reason to feel uncomfortable???

Other then that it's your forum you run it how you want. Use whatever name and rank you wish thumright
    RedMomma5
    RedMomma5
    Forumember

Post by RedMomma5 February 24th 2012, 10:36 pm

kirk wrote:You can change your user name and rank to whatever you want,
    You can also choose the admin group to be hidden as well.

As far as someone saying they are uncomfortable posting around admin.
    Well that seems a little silly to me, you would have administration on any sites you join, I would just tell them not to post anything that would break your forum rules or TOS and they have no reason to feel uncomfortable???

Other then that it's your forum you run it how you want. Use whatever name and rank you wish thumright

Thank you Kirk (BTW, I loved that show and the Captain too). I really wanted to do this anyway but didn't know if I could. The member said she realized I would still be the Admin but she had a psychological problem with seeing it I guess. I am all about trying to keep the members comfortable too. Your answer has solved my dilemma and thanks so much!!! (topic solved) and thank you too arty flower
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray February 24th 2012, 10:38 pm

Topic Solved & Locked

Can I Change My User Handle From Admin to Something Else Without Causing a Problem for My Site? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 6:28 pm