background pic wont change Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

background pic wont change

ShinGamix
    ShinGamix
    Forumember

Male Posts : 181
    Language : English

background pic wont change Empty background pic wont change

Post by ShinGamix March 4th 2012, 5:01 pm

Hello.
    I am ShinGamix and I run the ShinRPGMaker forum
    I am trying to change the appearance of my forum background, due I have had a custom theme for so long I went to pic management and replaced the "non" url with the pic I wanted. It loaded and saved the pic in management, but my forum looks exactly the same. I was guessing this was a coding issue because my present background has three to four css colors that fade and make a nice design. I don't want to change the whole style of my forum, I was just trying to bring some fresh light to it. or would it be better just to leave it alone since I don't know what I am doing?

background pic wont change Empty Re: background pic wont change

Post by Guest March 4th 2012, 5:45 pm

Hi!

Try to add in your CSS Stylesheet this code, and don't forget to click Valid after this:
    Code:
    body{
    background-image: url(IMAGE_LINK);
    }
    Replace IMAGE_LINK by link to the image. Wink
    Metina
    Metina
    Forumember

Female Posts : 114
    Language : English

background pic wont change Empty Re: background pic wont change

Post by Metina March 4th 2012, 11:15 pm

Oh goodness I did something wrong. I did this and it did replace the forum background, but it also changed the main area to something awful and it won't restore. YIKES!

Oh thank goodness, it finally restored. Any thoughts on why it changed the other colors as well and not just the background image?