The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPAMMED by some other forum

2 posters

Go down

In progress SPAMMED by some other forum

Post by Martin B 13/3/2012, 18:26

I don;t know where to get help. I have a forum on here, but it is private pretty much and I have never publicized our users' emails. OUt of the blue, I get an email from http://f1classic.your-talk.com/ stating I have registered for their baord.

Not only can I not find a way to delete this account on their baord, I never registered for it. Second, when I email the admin, the email bounces to my email account.

I was putting in a complaint, but I don;t have screen shots and all that.?.

Please email me REMOVED I only regstered here to find help - which has been very difficult.

Thank you!

EDIT Kirk, email address removed
Martin B

Language : Eglish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: SPAMMED by some other forum

Post by kirk 13/3/2012, 18:33

We do not email members with any answers for problems or solutions,
You have to wait for a reply here on support.

I dont completely understand, Can you please explain in more detail.
I also do not know what you mean by his email bounces to your email account?

To start with, if this person is a member of your forum, then just ban him for now until we can fully understand what the problem is..
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin B 13/3/2012, 18:42

OK...

Bounce: I went on the forum, logged in from teh spam user/pswd they sent, and emailed through that forum the owner/admin. All that happened was the message came back to me.

This person is not a member of our forum. I believe there's something else going on - he's got a Racing forum...of no interest and doesn;t make sense to spam ours - a community help group.

In any case, I got the following unsolicited email form him, can't find a way to delete the account. The only way he coudl have gotten my email is forummotion... My forum is http://nscuk.niceboard.com/

Spam:

Welcome to F1 CLASSIC

F1 CLASSIC member@forumotion.com to me

show details 2:45 PM (56 minutes ago)
from F1 CLASSIC member@forumotion.com
reply-to F1 CLASSIC <removed>
to Martini <removed>
date Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM
subject Welcome to F1 CLASSIC
mailed-by forumotion.com
signed-by forumotion.com
Important mainly because of the words in the message.

hide details 2:45 PM (56 minutes ago)

Welcome to F1 CLASSIC forums

Please keep this e-mail in your savebox. Below are your account details.

----------------------------
Username:
Password: user name and pass removed
----------------------------
Please do not forget your password as it has been encrypted in our database: we cannot retrieve it for you. However, if you forget your password, you can request a new one to an Administrator.

Thank you for registering.

--
F1 CLASSIC

Edit kirk.
I do not know who's email addresses they are yours or his, But please do not post email addresses or other account information's in plain public view, If an pro admin and or other forumotion staff need such information it will requested to you by PM here on forumotion support.
Martin B

Language : Eglish

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 13/3/2012, 19:40

this is a email you receive when joining a forum?
So either your or someone else has registered, Forumotion did not and would not give your email to anyone, So you are mistaken if you think that.

I would just mark/flag the email as spam.
You can also log in to the account and message the admin and say there was some sort of mistake and you want the account deleted, If you request your account to be deleted then by law he has to delete the account.

Be sure to include the link to this thread so he can see that you do not want the account, have come to forumotiom support about the issue, and that he must grant your request of your account being deleted or he is in violation.

If he then dose not delete your account, this will then have to be reported to forumotion litigation's for them to further handle the situation. All you have to do for your screen shot, is get a screen shot of you logged into the forum and state he is not deleting your account as requested.

However i am sure once the admin see's this thread here, he will then delete the account as you wish. Very Happy then just be sure to flag the email as spam.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down