Formatting When Posting Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Formatting When Posting

Cobalt Blue

Language : English, Indonesian

Solved Formatting When Posting

Post by Cobalt Blue Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:31 am

I am sure that my forum will be full of post long paragraph since it's for role-playing forum game. The problem is when I enter formatting page, the use of BBCode isn't quite convenient.

Lets just say you've written many paragraphs until you can scroll the formatting space. It's more neat to finish writing and insert BBCode later, but forumid doesn't seem to agree. Everytime I insert a code, it'll get scrolled up automatically. So you can imagine if you are about inserting a number of BBCodes and each time you insert it, your formatting space will get scrolled up so you have to scroll it down back and spend like more ten seconds to find out where you leave it behind.

There is also another problem with link-insert code. In other forums, you can drag specific part you want to be 'clickable', then you click the link-insert shortcut, and finally insert the link. But that isn't the case in forumid. The link will be put in the very end of your paragraph, so there is no way to easily insert link in random words if you've written a very long post.

Actually it isn't the first time I encountered this. There is another forum provider which looks similar with forumid appears with similar problem. Is it possible to fix this? Because the very same thing also happens when I write this post.

This seemingly trivial thing is what makes me considering to use another free forum provider.

Also thanks in advance. It would be nice to hear there is a solution for this one.

Last edited by Cobalt Blue on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51557
    Language : English

Solved Re: Formatting When Posting

Post by SLGray Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:11 am

On Forumotion, you have to enter BBCode tags while you posting. If you wait to the end, most tags will appear at the end of your post.

Formatting When Posting Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Cobalt Blue

Language : English, Indonesian

Post by Cobalt Blue Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Alright, thanks, it's answered. You may lock the topic.

I think it's better if in the future you can also insert BBCode after you finish writing. Sometimes you need to copy-paste material and add BBCode later.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Since the topic was marked solved, I will now lock and archive.
    Topic Solved & Locked