The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ban Control

4 posters

Go down

Ban Control Empty Ban Control

Post by Uber Lord January 13th 2008, 1:27 am

Every time Someone tries to register it bans them....
Uber Lord
Uber Lord
Forumember

Male Posts : 710
Language : English

http://computerworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Ban Control Empty Re: Ban Control

Post by Luky January 13th 2008, 1:42 am

You should provide more details about your problem. What message do they get? Maybe a screen shot as help.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber Lord January 13th 2008, 1:46 am

It says you have been banned my friend said and i tried it and it said you have been baned
Uber Lord
Uber Lord
Forumember

Male Posts : 710

http://computerworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by silent_ May 19th 2008, 1:02 am

I had the same problem.

I banned somebody because I did not recognize their username. Later the person tried registering a new name, and couldn't because he was banned. So I deleted the username that I banned (I later learned that I should have unbanned it first). Still the person could not register. So I found "Ban Control" and removed his email address and IP address from the ban list. But the next 3 times the person tried registering, his IP popped back onto the banned IP address list. Needless to say, both of us got frustrated from that.

Now for some magical reason, he managed to get by. While he registered, I stayed on the Ban control page and kept refreshing it so I could immediately remove the IP address when / if it should appear in the banned IP address list.

*sigh*

Last edited by silent_ on July 17th 2008, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
silent_

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery's Games July 17th 2008, 8:23 pm

Hi,

I'm very satisfied with the forum features so far, and everything was going well for some months. Very Happy

Now I have experienced the following problem with the ban control feature:
I had made a list of banned e-mail addresses, which was working well. Now I have noticed that this list is suddenly gone, without being deleted by any staff member. We don't have any suspicious moments for any hacking, or someone getting into the Admin Control Panel.

Do you think this issue could have to do with any newer updates added to the forums? What other explanations are possible for this loss of data?

Thank you for a reply in advance Smile
Mystery's Games
Mystery's Games

Female Posts : 4

Back to top Go down