Hacker Threats Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Hacker Threats

Papa_Tak
    Papa_Tak

Language : English

In progress Hacker Threats

Post by Papa_Tak April 1st 2012, 2:36 pm

Hello everyone, I am papa_tak, otherwise known on my own forum (narutosl.foumotion.com) as Takeshi as an admin and co-founder. Recently me and my role-playing group have had to transition from one site to another due to a difference in opinion between our two parties, though one or two of our members lashed out with their words no threats or attempts to actually harm that site (narutomirage.com) were ever performed on our side. As I had been an admin on the previous site I grabbed the IP of a member who was known for causing problems and has made numerous gloats about being a 'master hacker' and having friends of the same status. Regardless of whether or not I believed this member on his claims he has been placed on our new site's black list so that we may prevent future clashes with them. For the last month our site has operated smoothly and things have gone well but last night I was informed that one of our newer members (which we were led to believe was an old member of our group) was an impostor and was doing recon for the member we were trying to avoid. Naturally we took steps to remove this member from our site but the damage it seems has already been done and I am coming to you here for help on the situation. I was linked by one of my members to a page on the previous site which I will now provide a screen cap of:

Screen Caption:

As one might expect the content of this message disturbed me, as I myself have no knowledge of how to hack someone (other than getting on their physical computer if they remained logged in) I am unsure of how to deal with this threat and would like either guidance on how to go about this or possibly even for admins from our forumotion host to step in and help me here. Upon request from a legitimate admin I can provide the IP addresses of both problem members though Im not sure if this is necessary to resolving this issue. I can only hope this is answered quickly as it only seems a matter of time before our site will be under fire.

End Note: The member Akuhei mentions 'what your doing to mirage' the answer to what he means is simple enough. My group and I, while not the founders were instrumental in building the majority of that forums activity. When we had our falling out we simply took our content with us and started our new forum, it would appear members from mirage either dont like this course of action or for whatever reason see our content as belonging to them which couldnt be further from the truth.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10112

In progress Re: Hacker Threats

Post by brandon_g April 1st 2012, 3:42 pm

2 things first your screen shot is not showing up! and second is the forum hacked already or has it just been threated I'm confused?

Hacker Threats Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Hacker Threats Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Hacker Threats Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Papa_Tak
    Papa_Tak

Post by Papa_Tak April 1st 2012, 3:56 pm

As the screen shot appears to not want to work here is a direct link;

http://www.narutomirage.com/t4357-shy-read-pm-please#38882

As is the nature of this site's founder it may or may not exist very long as he like to clean things up. And as of now our site has not been hacked, only given threats though they are not subtle in the slightest.
    Papa_Tak
    Papa_Tak

Post by Papa_Tak April 1st 2012, 4:04 pm

While this is true Im more here about the principal of this, we left his site quietly without causing a scene and in return we are shown hostility. Though Im rather certain terms of service wont allow any action to be taken until after the fact Im here seeking advice to see if there is a better way to prevent it as most of my members are in the middle range of teenagers and while they are level headed in a role-player sense Im not sure how vast their knowledge of anti-hacking is.
    E-Mark
    E-Mark
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1412

Post by E-Mark April 1st 2012, 4:05 pm

Agree. Don't open links that looks suspicious. And don't allow people to access your admin panel as of the moment Wink.
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Post by Base April 1st 2012, 4:37 pm

Hi, your forum is very safe with Forumotion. As long as you keep your head up and don't do anything silly, then you should be fine. Don't let the threats get to you, as they probably don't mean anything. Here's a few topics you can read for reassurance:

https://help.forumotion.com/t11392-forumotion-maximum-security-for-your-forums
    https://help.forumotion.com/t75418-my-forum-was-hacked
    https://help.forumotion.com/t51-internet-security-on-your-forum-habits-to-be-avoided
    https://help.forumotion.com/t64905-how-does-a-backup-work
    https://help.forumotion.com/t60088-i-ve-received-a-message-from-forumotion-is-it-true