The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FMChat - auto login doesnt work

4 posters

Go down

Solved FMChat - auto login doesnt work

Post by lrleitman April 11th 2012, 7:26 pm

Hi,
In FMChat, even though I have autologin in the script , I have to login each time to the chat. any idea ?
lrleitman
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: FMChat - auto login doesnt work

Post by kirk April 11th 2012, 8:47 pm

i never heard of a auto log in script for a forumotion chat?
All you have to do is click login, you do not have to enter user name or pass or anything like that, just click login on the chatbox and thats it Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum April 12th 2012, 12:16 am

FMChat has auto log in, like LG Chat. The OP is saying it isn't working.
Rideem will have to answer this really.

But first off, to the OP, please check your browsers error console. If you don't know how you can find out on google.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by lrleitman April 19th 2012, 10:02 pm

not really, I installed the auto login version but need to login each time: the script is below:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://fmquery.forumotion.com/h1-fmchatjs"></script><div id="FMChatBase" class="chatbase" onclick="openClose()" ><span style="font-weight: bold; line-height: 2em; font-size: 11px;">ChatBox</span></div><div id="chat" style="display: none;"><iframe id="FMChat" name="FMChat" onload="FMChatLoad();autoLog();" style="border: none; border-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px;" src="/chatbox" width="100%" height="100%"></iframe></div>
lrleitman
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lrleitman April 20th 2012, 3:54 pm

I changed the script and it seem to work, 1st time I need to press "login" but then it seems to do auto login, I wonder how much time it stays in this auto login, is it forever ?

do oyu know how I change the script ot have archives=off and audio beep=on ?
lrleitman
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses April 20th 2012, 5:00 pm

I agree with Kirk its simple enough to click "Log In".

Adding more java script is only going to slow your forum down and cause errors. I really don't see the point or what it accomplishes by having a auto login for the chatbox. It seems to me people will log in to the chatbox when they are good and ready. I do NOT want to to be auto logged into anything until I am ready.

By adding a auto login to the chatbox you are taking away the members option to not be seen as logged in to the forum or chatbox. They have to now manually "Log Out". The chatbox will leave a record that the member was logged into the chatbox, and the date, something that some members may not want.

You shouldn't force the chatbox down peoples throats, they either will use it or they won't. Don't make them log out. Members have the option to "hide" there online status on the forum from there profile page, by making the chatbox auto login members you are defeating the purpose of the forums "Hide online status" option feature.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses April 20th 2012, 10:28 pm

Wrong, the auto login logs you in automatically to the chatbox as soon as you log into the forum. That's the whole point of the auto login script. Without the auto login java script you of course have to click the login button.

He made his decision to add the code perhaps without realizing what I said. Giving ones opinion and something more to think about isn't against the rules here just because it conflicts with yours.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum April 20th 2012, 11:38 pm

I don't think Rideem is wrong, he wrote his auto-log in code so he knows what it does.

When you click the FMChat button for the first time (upon that session) you will be logged into the chatbox. So when you OPEN the chatbox for the first time you get logged in without having to press log in. But if a member is not interested in chatting and they don't open the chatbox... then they aren't logged in.

EDIT: woops, posted at the same time Razz
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses April 21st 2012, 12:01 am

It doesn't matter if I say its solved I didn't create this topic. I am not the least bit interested in that code for my forum I let the members click the login link on the chatbox if they want to use it. I only posted in this topic to tell the topic starter what I said.. Smile

Lock it and mark it solved as far as I'm concerned.. lol!
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down