The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+8
ElMuggs
Formicida
Rukiafan
Shadow
Jophy
XxForumGirlxX
Darren1
lmm
12 posters

Did anyone notice post searches won't go past the first page?

lmm

Female Posts : 13
    Language : English

Solved Did anyone notice post searches won't go past the first page?

Post by lmm April 23rd 2012, 8:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have tried to look up a few items and even thought my search may yield 200 or 300 posts, only the first page will show. As soon as I hit 'next' or 'page 2', I get a message similar to 'no posts match your search'.

A glitch with search???
    thepinkplace

Female Posts : 16
    Language : english

Solved Re: Did anyone notice post searches won't go past the first page?

Post by thepinkplace May 31st 2012, 4:02 pm

Oh no way!!! This is the only way we are able to find current posts. Please bring it back as it hasn't caused a problem for the few years that we have been using it so why would it cause issues now all of a sudden?!
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16208
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow May 31st 2012, 4:17 pm

We didn't have to make an announcement because it wasn't an update.
    There were a bug which required the intervention of our technicians and now they decided to make some changes for the good running of the existing system.

If another solution is found in the meantime, I'll inform you, but for the moment you need to fill at least an username or a keyword.
    MadFranko
    MadFranko
    Forumember

Male Posts : 27

Post by MadFranko May 31st 2012, 4:34 pm

Leeloo wrote:We didn't have to make an announcement because it wasn't an update.
    There were a bug which required the intervention of our technicians and now they decided to make some changes for the good running of the existing system.

If another solution is found in the meantime, I'll inform you, but for the moment you need to fill at least a username or a keyword.

Find it hard to believe that this so called "bug" had gone unnoticed all this time as I've been using the "search function" with the * wildcard since I created my forum without any problems whatsoever...

It may not seem important to you personally but like others here and myself have said, having the ability to display the "latest posts" on our sites is very important to us and our members...

The widget version for this is not suitable for most of us due to it's very limited layout and members when they visit our sites require any easy way to keep up with the latest posts and having to type something into a search box is definitely not an easy or user friendly way to do that...

If for whatever reason the techs do decide they wont revert back to the old wildcard method then can you ask them to at least provide a way for us to display the latest post without having to use the widgets, otherwise for myself and a number of others here we will have to find a company/ site host who does provide such a service...

It's not very helpful or nice just to be told by you that we will have to put up with this or that you didn't have to inform us... please show a little bit more respect and be helpful to your members Rolling Eyes
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by Shadow May 31st 2012, 4:51 pm

You didn't seen any error in your forum, but here on the servers the technicians had to face some bugs that you aren't aware about. You are very numerous on the community, so the messages are numerous also. This is a very heavy burden for servers.

If they have took this decision, there's a good reason.
    This character is no longer accepted by the search function to preserve the current system so I'm really sorry but you'll have to find another solution for your HTML code... Did anyone notice post searches won't go past the first page? - Page 2 Guish2

I told that I didn't have to inform you because I wasn't aware of this before some members warned me, as you have certainly seen this previously in the thread. So I can't inform the users of something I didn't know. Now I know why the wildcards doesn't worked anymore, because I've asked it to the techs, so I inform you. That's my job to answer your questions and doing my best to help you. Wink Smile

Thanks for your understanding thumright
    Ryanette
    Ryanette
    Forumember

Male Posts : 135
    Language : English (British)

Post by Ryanette June 1st 2012, 1:21 am

The 'techs' are too lazy for that, any way. They haven't update their 'project/product' for some time now
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 June 1st 2012, 2:20 am

Ryanz,
    Spoiler:

Franko, an alternative work around, which I don't notice any difference is, not having the '*' in it, so it just searches for any username... just like the wildcard does...search for any name.
    If there's a difference, I apologize however I haven't noticed one yet.
    Ryanette
    Ryanette
    Forumember

Male Posts : 135
    Language : English (British)

Post by Ryanette June 1st 2012, 2:24 am

Darren1 wrote:Ryanz,
    Spoiler:

Franko, an alternative work around, which I don't notice any difference is, not having the '*' in it, so it just searches for any username... just like the wildcard does...search for any name.
    If there's a difference, I apologize however I haven't noticed one yet.
    Darren, you're such a nice guy, thanks.
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by Shadow June 1st 2012, 12:27 pm

Thank you Darren1 Wink
    As the answer to this question was given, the thread is considered as solved.
    Topic Solved & Locked

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 9:24 pm