The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Security Breach ?

lrleitman
    Forumember

Language : english

Solved Security Breach ?

Post by lrleitman 25/4/2012, 15:32

hi,
    My forum is password protected, hence only approved members can access the Index after login, nevertheless, I see in the statistics that guest are able to connect to the site with IP coming from other countries.... how can it be ? all forums are set to be authorized only to members. obviously I did my own test and you can't access the forums without login ?

Solved Re: Security Breach ?

Post by Guest 25/4/2012, 16:25

Hi!

I think if you disallowed acces to the forums, topics and other forum content. If yes, be sure they don't see your content. Or, you can try to log out from your account and try it.

Just accesing the forum adress they are listed in Who is online list. But they see only these things:
    - Logo;
    Widgets (if you have these, and if you don't selected the permissions for these);
    - Footer links (phpBB, Create a free forum, Report abuse etc.).
    - Nav links (Register and Log in, depends of the navbar permissions);
    - And of course Log in form from the index.

Note, google anyway will acces your forum, and index it to site. But, as all the guests it can't index another pages from forum, just index/main page.
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853
    Language : English

Post by Darren1 25/4/2012, 17:00

Hi,

Just to rectify Coddy's post, Google will only ever see what Guests can see, no more, no less Wink
    lrleitman
    Forumember

Post by lrleitman 25/4/2012, 19:28

so I tried and no guest can see the forums in the index but still in "who is online" I see guests and its always from different countries that small chances they would enter my forum.

strange
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853
    Language : English

Post by Darren1 25/4/2012, 21:45

Do not worry one bit, they are not seeing anything, if at best, they wold be seeing something similar to this:
    => https://help.forumotion.com/f24-
    or
    => https://help.forumotion.com/admin

They can not, and will not see anything, other then a page saying they don't have rights to view it.
    lrleitman
    Forumember

Post by lrleitman 25/4/2012, 22:08

cheers !

Current date/time is 23/9/2024, 11:20