The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing Header names and icons from my forum

3 posters

Go down

Removing Header names and icons from my forum Empty Removing Header names and icons from my forum

Post by LisaF January 15th 2008, 10:11 pm

Removing Header names and icons from my forum Header10

The links on the header of our forum are all as we want them to be...except we need to disable the two at the end that don't have images, they are called 'portal' and 'home'

Could you tell me how to remove them as we have created new links to these pages and re-named them 'home' and 'forums'

We cannot show just images as the image is the same for all links.

Thank you for your help!
LisaF

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Removing Header names and icons from my forum Empty Re: Removing Header names and icons from my forum

Post by Luky January 16th 2008, 12:36 am

You can go to admin panel=>Styles=>Pictures & colors=>Modify the pictures and click on the "Home" button and check the Hide box then press save. Same thing for the "Portal" button. If you want to add these buttons again please copy the link that is displayed in the "Upload a picture" box before you check the hide box.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Removing Header names and icons from my forum Empty Removing Header names and icons from my forum

Post by LisaF January 16th 2008, 12:58 am

Hi...this only hides the image but doesn't remove the text and it remains a link to a page...We have already recreated these links using our own image. So for now there are two links in the header which lead to the same page (there are two of theses)

For 'Portal' it appears as a text link 'portal' and also our bear link as 'home'

For 'Home' it appears as a text link 'Home' and also our bear link as 'forums'

We want to keep our bear links, can you tell me how to remove the text links?

Thanks

P.S. From the screen shot I posted the text links, which need removing, have wrapped round and appear on a new line under the AADC main site bear link
LisaF

Back to top Go down

Removing Header names and icons from my forum Empty Re: Removing Header names and icons from my forum

Post by Tricky January 16th 2008, 8:16 am

You can not. The best thing to do is, get a forum theme where the navbar (header) links are buttons. After that you can change the picture to what you want. If you have it as a text theme, it will have a small picture and then have the word beside it. If you go with the picture headers you can change the picture and not have to worry about the words. (edit the words in with an editing program, like Microsoft Paint)

Now, if you just want a picture for the Portal and Header, just add one.

Admin CP Arrow Styles Arrow Modify the Pictures Arrow *Header that you want to change* Arrow Upload a picture

Then just upload the image at an image uploading site and add the URL link that it gives you into the box.
Tricky
Tricky
Forumember

Back to top Go down