The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help With MP3 Player For Forum

5 posters

Go down

Help With MP3 Player For Forum Empty Help With MP3 Player For Forum

Post by MadFranko May 11th 2012, 4:09 pm

Hi

I've been working on an MP3 player Juke Box for my site and have run into all sort of problems trying to find an online storage site where I can upload & store my MP3's so that they can be accessed by the player.

After trying 37 different online storage site I can only find one called "MashUp" that lets you store your MP3's and doesn't change the filename and remove the ".mp3" bit which the player requires to be still in the URL to the MP3 to play it.

The only problem with "MashUp" is that it stores all your files in the one folder with no option to create different folders to categorise your files.

Does anyone know of an online storage site that does not change the names of your uploaded files for the URL links to them and allows everyone to be able to use them.

A site called "4shared" does this but it only work if the person listening is a member of "4shared" and they are logged into that site, which isn't any use.

Like I say "MashUp" works but it is very slow and all your files must be stored in the one single folder which is messy...

You can see/ try the MP3 player I have created for my site here (just click the link shown in the picture when visiting the site to see it working)

Help With MP3 Player For Forum MP3PlayerLink

My Site:- (please ignore the contents as it's not a site for everyone)... Wink

Commodore Retro Amiga Portal
MadFranko
MadFranko
Forumember

Male Posts : 27
Language : English

http://crap.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Help With MP3 Player For Forum Empty Re: Help With MP3 Player For Forum

Post by MadFranko May 11th 2012, 7:10 pm

Forgot to mention... Embarassed

I need a site that gives you at least 5GB of space to store all the tracks I want to use... Smile
MadFranko
MadFranko
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by keiththewolf May 11th 2012, 7:37 pm

I'm not a 100% sure it'll work, but you could try cloud storage solutions, like Dropbox, Google Drive, and SkyDrive. Again, i'm not sure if they will work, but i think it's worth a shot. Smile

Also, make sure the music your sharing isn't copyrighted, or else I think your forum could get deleted. :/ Just thought I'd throw it out there, as it'd be sad to get deleted.
keiththewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by MadFranko May 11th 2012, 8:00 pm

keiththewolf wrote:I'm not a 100% sure it'll work, but you could try cloud storage solutions, like Dropbox, Google Drive, and SkyDrive. Again, i'm not sure if they will work, but i think it's worth a shot. Smile

Thanks for the reply but I've tried all of those and most of the most popular ones as well, sadly though they don't work as they change the filename and remove the ".mp3" part from the end of it which is required in the URL for the player to work... Crying or Very sad

Guess I'll just have to use the "MashUp" site for storing the MP3's, it works but it stores all your files in one folder with no option to create separate folders, which makes finding things a bit of a pain... Sad

Thank for the suggestions though... Smile
MadFranko
MadFranko
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by keiththewolf May 11th 2012, 8:41 pm

Ah...sorry i couldn't help then. XP But anyways, i wish you luck with MashUp! Smile
keiththewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 12th 2012, 4:27 am

MadFranko wrote:Hi

I've been working on an MP3 player Juke Box for my site and have run into all sort of problems trying to find an online storage site where I can upload & store my MP3's so that they can be accessed by the player.

After trying 37 different online storage site I can only find one called "MashUp" that lets you store your MP3's and doesn't change the filename and remove the ".mp3" bit which the player requires to be still in the URL to the MP3 to play it.

The only problem with "MashUp" is that it stores all your files in the one folder with no option to create different folders to categorise your files.

Does anyone know of an online storage site that does not change the names of your uploaded files for the URL links to them and allows everyone to be able to use them.

A site called "4shared" does this but it only work if the person listening is a member of "4shared" and they are logged into that site, which isn't any use.

Like I say "MashUp" works but it is very slow and all your files must be stored in the one single folder which is messy...

You can see/ try the MP3 player I have created for my site here (just click the link shown in the picture when visiting the site to see it working)

Help With MP3 Player For Forum MP3PlayerLink

My Site:- (please ignore the contents as it's not a site for everyone)... Wink

Commodore Retro Amiga Portal

MadFranko wrote:Forgot to mention... Embarassed

I need a site that gives you at least 5GB of space to store all the tracks I want to use... Smile
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinGamix May 13th 2012, 3:17 am

I am really glad for this topic.
ShinGamix
ShinGamix
Forumember

Male Posts : 181

http://shingamix.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 15th 2012, 4:41 pm

[quote="MadFranko"]
keiththewolf wrote:

Guess I'll just have to use the "MashUp" site for storing the MP3's, it works but it stores all your files in one folder with no option to create separate folders, which makes finding things a bit of a pain... Sad

Thank for the suggestions though... Smile

Fileden i think give you 1 gig for free, 5 gigs seems like a lot and i do not know of anything that allows that much for free mp3.

But here is the link to fileden, You can always create more then one account?
http://fileden.com/

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinGamix May 16th 2012, 1:01 am

Does it allows linking with .mp3 urls?
It does!!! Great! :wouhou:
ShinGamix
ShinGamix
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MadFranko May 20th 2012, 10:41 am

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

Erm... pardon me for breathing... Shocked

Apart from the fact that is absolutely absurd and nonsense, perhaps instead of posting such terse replies you could take the time to learn some manners and carefully point out to members such things in a slightly more friendly and helpful manner... Wink

Hello, breaking the rules is not tolerated here Wink ~ Jophy
MadFranko
MadFranko
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinGamix May 20th 2012, 7:58 pm

It has been a few days and I can't get the fileden links to work in the player for some odd reason.
ShinGamix
ShinGamix
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MadFranko May 22nd 2012, 12:33 am

@ Kirk

Thanks for the info, unfortunately even though "Fileden" does indeed keep the filenames with the ".mp3" tag on the end, sadly they won't play in the player or even using the "embed" function just to play them as a single track... Sad

There are a number of sites out there who give you 5GB of storage space for free but every one I've tested unfortunately removed the ".mp3" tag and changed the filename"... Sad

@ShinGamix

As I said above to Kirk the "Fileden" links sadly don't work... Sad

Looks like I'll just have to stick with "MashUp" for storing the MP3's, it may not be perfect but at least it works... Smile

If anyone needs full details on how to create the MP3 player I use on my site let me know and I'll post instructions on how to create it... Smile
MadFranko
MadFranko
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 23rd 2012, 8:30 pm

MadFranko wrote:

Looks like I'll just have to stick with "MashUp" for storing the MP3's, it may not be perfect but at least it works... Smile

Yeah i guess if that works for you then go with that.
Other thenthat there are so many ways to add different players etc..

With that said i will now mark and archive Cool

Topic Solved & Locked
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down