The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When posting request for, Graphics design, reviews. Other things like that.

3 posters

Go down

In progress When posting request for, Graphics design, reviews. Other things like that.

Post by Derri June 5th 2012, 6:02 am

Well when we request these things such as designs or reviews, we must put our forum link up.

Can we use the hide tags to make our forum link hidden so only the mods can see it, as we are not wanting to advertise our forum.

Also I am not ranked as "Admin" However I am ranked as Technical, which gives me administrative privileges, Could I therefore make requests?
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: When posting request for, Graphics design, reviews. Other things like that.

Post by Stephen- June 5th 2012, 6:07 am

Derri wrote:Well when we request these things such as designs or reviews, we must put our forum link up.

Can we use the hide tags to make our forum link hidden so only the mods can see it, as we are not wanting to advertise our forum.

Also I am not ranked as "Admin" However I am ranked as Technical, which gives me administrative privileges, Could I therefore make requests?

Hello,

So you wanted to implement the "hide tag" so members cannot advertise their forums ?
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
Language :

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: When posting request for, Graphics design, reviews. Other things like that.

Post by Derri June 5th 2012, 6:09 am

Well, when I make a request I don't want the users seeing the forum I making the request for.

So I was wanting to use the "Hide Tag" so my forum is not advertised. And only mods can see the link.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- June 5th 2012, 6:10 am

So is this a suggestion for the support forum ? if so you should post it here: https://help.forumotion.com/f28-suggestions-for-the-support-forum
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri June 5th 2012, 6:17 am

No it was asking if I could, You know, myself. As in me. Derri. The user who made this post. Could use the hide tags when making requests. I was asking for permission.

I know where suggestions go. I have made several. I am merely asking.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- June 5th 2012, 6:26 am

Derri wrote:No it was asking if I could, You know, myself. As in me. Derri. The user who made this post. Could use the hide tags when making requests. I was asking for permission.

Well i'm bit confuse, so you're saying that requesting for premission (Moderation Powers) so you can view the hide links am i right ?
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri June 5th 2012, 6:28 am

Raizen wrote:
Derri wrote:No it was asking if I could, You know, myself. As in me. Derri. The user who made this post. Could use the hide tags when making requests. I was asking for permission.

Well i'm bit confuse, so you're saying that requesting for premission (Moderation Powers) so you can view the hide links am i right ?

Nope users can use the "hide tags", with that only moderators can see what is hidden or users who post in said thread can see the "hide tags".

Nothing to do with moderation powers.

Is nothing simple.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- June 5th 2012, 6:31 am

Derri wrote:
Raizen wrote:

Nope users can use the "hide tags", with that only moderators can see what is hidden or users who post in said thread can see the "hide tags".

Is nothing simple.

Ok so let me get this, you want that all members requesting reviews,graphics, etc. will use the "hide" tags on their forum links ?
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri June 5th 2012, 6:41 am

Raizen wrote:
Derri wrote:
Raizen wrote:

Is nothing simple.

Ok so let me get this, you want that all members requesting reviews,graphics, etc. will use the "hide" tags on their forum links ?

No, Just myself. All I want is to use the hide tag to hide my forum link. So not many people get to see it, yet still proving I am an FM forum.

I am merely asking for a moderator or admin to come along and say na or ya to me asking this.,

This is NOT a forum wide suggestion.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- June 5th 2012, 6:45 am

So finally, you are asking if you can use "hide tag" on your forum links, when you request a review,design or etc... ? (I hope i get it know Razz )
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri June 5th 2012, 6:56 am

Yes
Yes
Yes

So now can I just wait for an admin to come along and say na or ya?
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- June 5th 2012, 7:04 am

I really don't know if we're allowed to use "hide tags", especially on forum url, because when requesting a review or graphic, if a member would like to tagged your request but your forum link is hidden. It would be easier if your forum links won't be hidden, So that the member can easily finished your request. And also as far as i know "hide tags" are only used on high priority such as accounts, etc.. But let's wait for a staff for the confirmation of your inquiry... Wink
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri June 5th 2012, 7:08 am

Raizen wrote:I really don't know if we're allowed to use "hide tags", especially on forum url, because when requesting a review or graphic, if a member would like to tagged your request but your forum link is hidden. It would be easier if your forum links won't be hidden, So that the member can easily finished your request. And also as far as i know "hide tags" are only used on high priority such as accounts, etc.. But let's wait for a staff for the confirmation of your inquiry... Wink

Well I agree with you. That it would be more difficult. However I do think that if one does not wish for there forum to be publically present on these forums that they should be allowed to move it away from view and still make requests.

Perhaps if this does not get approved I could pm an admin with it and then they could know for sure that I was a part of the admin team and is a FM forum. I kinda don't see the need for it in EVERY request.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Base June 5th 2012, 11:56 pm

Hi, this is an interesting question. If you really do not wish to advertise your forum when making requests then I don't see anything wrong with using hide tags.

However, I can see some flaws here. On this forum, we encourage members to take on graphic requests and reviews voluntarily. This is to help us identify potential new members. If only staff can see your link, then no members will be willing to take on your request unless they reply to your topic. Smile

The choice up to you, however the team and I have never had a problem before. If you wish to use hide tags, then feel free to use hide tags. (Correct me if I'm wrong, team Laughing )
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down