The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+2
Nera.
MichaelXD
6 posters

What's the difference between User New Account Activation and Admin New Account Activation

MichaelXD
    Forumember

Language : English

What's the difference between User New Account Activation and Admin New Account Activation Empty What's the difference between User New Account Activation and Admin New Account Activation

Post by MichaelXD June 8th 2012, 8:52 pm

A new member joined our forum and I activated his account. The option was already set to User; so does that mean the user could've activated their own accounts or I really had to activate their accounts? I can keep Automatic Activation turned off because it's the only way to firewall from users creating a multitude of accounts or from ban evading but no one's banned yet and I assume they're all different people. We just got our first regular member that came to join in and have fun but even if it said User Activation, admins still have the option to choose whether or not to activate a user's account.

This screenshot shows the member of whom I've just activated within the past hour: What's the difference between User New Account Activation and Admin New Account Activation 25q4xdu
    Nera.
    Nera.
    Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

What's the difference between User New Account Activation and Admin New Account Activation Empty Re: What's the difference between User New Account Activation and Admin New Account Activation

Post by Nera. June 8th 2012, 8:57 pm

User new account activation = user has to go to his email and confirm/activate his account
    Admin activations = All users must be activated through AP (in Users and groups > Inactive users)
    Automatic = After registration account is automaticly activated
    MichaelXD
    Forumember

What's the difference between User New Account Activation and Admin New Account Activation Empty Re: What's the difference between User New Account Activation and Admin New Account Activation

Post by MichaelXD June 8th 2012, 9:02 pm

Nera. wrote:User new account activation = user has to go to his email and confirm/activate his account
    Admin activations = All users must be activated through AP (in Users and groups > Inactive users)
    Automatic = After registration account is automaticly activated

Thank you Nera. I should now know that members can join freely until either I or my brother change the settings, kind of to set up some sort of firewall against bad members that may potentially join the forum.
    Jellydonut
    Jellydonut
    Forumember

Female Posts : 572

Post by Jellydonut June 8th 2012, 10:43 pm

That was my account, I could have activated it myself, but I had to go. xD
    You can also set it on auto activate, but it looks like Nera already explained how.
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 June 8th 2012, 11:02 pm

Hi,

The admins always have the option to activate, deactivate or delete the accounts, you don't have to activate them if you don't want to Smile
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket June 9th 2012, 11:39 am

SolveD?
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10383
    Language : English and French

Post by Base June 9th 2012, 12:44 pm

Moved to Administration Panel Problems

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 2:36 pm