The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Locating a member through their Email address

cookiemonster395
    cookiemonster395
    Forumember

Language : English

Locating a member through their Email address Empty Locating a member through their Email address

Post by cookiemonster395 June 22nd 2012, 3:08 pm

Hi,

I have a member who has forgotten the username she registered with and I was wondering if I would be able to locate her anywhere in the admin panel by typing in her Email address rather than a username?

Thank you in advance for any help given.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Locating a member through their Email address Empty Re: Locating a member through their Email address

Post by kirk June 22nd 2012, 3:48 pm

Not that i know of, just add her username in the acp search and her profile page will come right up.
    cookiemonster395
    cookiemonster395
    Forumember

Locating a member through their Email address Empty Re: Locating a member through their Email address

Post by cookiemonster395 June 22nd 2012, 4:28 pm

Thanks Kirk, I'd have done this had she remembered her username, but as I stated in my opening post, it was this that was forgotten and my reason for hoping I could access her account through her Email address rather than her username.

I do appreciate your help though Smile
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8711
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri June 22nd 2012, 4:53 pm

cookiemonster395 wrote:Thanks Kirk, I'd have done this had she remembered her username, but as I stated in my opening post, it was this that was forgotten and my reason for hoping I could access her account through her Email address rather than her username.

I do appreciate your help though Smile

Well if a member has lost their username she could tell you the last time she was on and her email adress. You could then use the "handle user" feature and add in the time she left (in days) then go through the generated list looking for the email address she registered with.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk June 22nd 2012, 4:56 pm

Gees it's bad enough people forget their password not they forget their own user name LOL.

Her user and pas should in her activation email that was sent to her, Unless you have auto activation or admin activation set.

Other then that i have to go to one of my old closed forums and see if there is a way to search by email, i would think there is but cant remember.

In the mean time ask her to see if she still have the activation email sent to her to get her user name, Even if you send a new password to her it should still show her user name as well.

Info added

Derri wrote:

Well if a member has lost their username she could tell you the last time she was on and her email adress. You could then use the "handle user" feature and add in the time she left (in days) then go through the generated list looking for the email address she registered with.

Oh that sounds like a plan Smile
    Nice job i dont think i would have thought of that Smile

Info added again.

OMG LOL

The email address works.
    go to admin panel>user and groups

there is a search member by user name option, just place her email and click search, it comes up the same as using the user name Smile
    cookiemonster395
    cookiemonster395
    Forumember

Post by cookiemonster395 June 22nd 2012, 5:39 pm

Thank you both Derri and Kirk for your help (Kirk, I did try to click your 'thanks' button but yours is faded out)

I tried the user groups option and it did search, but said user doesn't exist. So I've Emailed the member requesting as you say she search for her activation Email and can locate, username as well as activate her account from there.

Again, many thanks to you both for your help.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk June 22nd 2012, 5:43 pm

cookiemonster395 wrote:Thank you both Derri and Kirk for your help (Kirk, I did try to click your 'thanks' button but yours is faded out)

I tried the user groups option and it did search, but said user doesn't exist. So I've Emailed the member requesting as you say she search for her activation Email and can locate, username as well as activate her account from there.

Again, many thanks to you both for your help.

Yeah i dint realize the account was not activated.. lol
    Glad you sorted it out Very good Very good

Topic Solved & Locked

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 4:22 pm