The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Feature Portal Management ??add/duplicate Portals??

4 posters

Go down

New Feature Portal Management ??add/duplicate Portals?? Empty New Feature Portal Management ??add/duplicate Portals??

Post by Guest January 21st 2008, 7:47 am

Hello everyone,

I see there are a few posts here at support forum about the new feature now displayed in Admin Panel - changed from "Portal Structure", to "Portal Management" (then to go to Portal Structure) but can't find anything else here about my own query. Which is.........

I see on the new "Portal Management" page something about duplicating or adding a new Portal? I'm not sure what this is all about? Is there a new tutorial or any other instructions/help info page about it, anywhere. If so - please could you direct me to it, as I'm interested to know more about that feature.

Thanks
Cas Hello

PS - just called back. oops, sorry - I think I might have posted this query on the wrong board?? Shocked I'm thinking it should be on Admin Panel Problems?? If so - please could a moderator move it for me. silent

Back to top Go down

New Feature Portal Management ??add/duplicate Portals?? Empty Re: New Feature Portal Management ??add/duplicate Portals??

Post by DJIcee January 21st 2008, 7:58 am

i like ur cat avatar
DJIcee

Language : english

Back to top Go down

New Feature Portal Management ??add/duplicate Portals?? Empty Re: New Feature Portal Management ??add/duplicate Portals??

Post by Luky January 21st 2008, 9:21 am

The Duplicating option creates an exact copy of your portal page. The "Adding new portal' option allows you to create a new portal page, different from the one you currently have. But note that you can't use both portal pages at the same time, you have to choose the one you want now by clicking the "Define as default page" button next to the page you want to make it as a default portal page.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 21st 2008, 9:03 pm

aaaah!! thanks Luky - Now I understand.
Well that might prove useful some time in the future.

Cas Hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 21st 2008, 9:20 pm

You're welcome Wink
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by redclothz1 January 22nd 2008, 5:58 am

but can some one explain as in why my portal laggs badly, it of ,but when you click a new page and revisit portal it all messed up!
http://thecondemnedclan.forum-free.org/portal.htm
redclothz1
redclothz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 22nd 2008, 9:18 am

Your forum works perfectly for me. Are you sure it's not a problem with your internet connection?
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by redclothz1 January 23rd 2008, 4:14 am

ok, when i or my members visit portal and click on another link (2mins) and revisits portal, thats when it all messed up! and some of my members are complaining that they had few virus from opening portal!
hope you can see were im gettin at!
thks

edited by Luky: color tags removed
redclothz1
redclothz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 23rd 2008, 9:27 am

Bold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by furionsama January 28th 2008, 8:13 pm

Hi Luky...

say that we have created two portal... portal1 (default portal) and portal2..
so can i call this portal 2 ?
furionsama

Language : Indonesia

http://indosap.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 28th 2008, 8:15 pm

You can only use one portal at a time as your default portal page.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by furionsama January 28th 2008, 8:26 pm

yes, that I understand...

what I am asking is:
from this portal1, can I browse portal2, Luky?
Can I link portal2 in portal1 ?
furionsama

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 28th 2008, 8:28 pm

No, like I said you can only use one portal at a time so either you choose portal 1 or portal 2.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by furionsama January 28th 2008, 8:38 pm

oh...
cannot?
well, its too bad...

Thank you for your reply, Luky...
furionsama

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 28th 2008, 8:48 pm

You're welcome
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down