The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with screening my registrants?

3 posters

Go down

Help with screening  my registrants? Empty Help with screening my registrants?

Post by peace2u September 3rd 2012, 9:39 pm

I would appreciate help with learning the procedure of how to screen my registrants. Right now all I can do is allow them to register and that is it.

The page that they go to to type in their email address (and I get that email)---can I get to that page and ask/program in a couple of questions for a type of screening/pre-screening??

Thank you...
peace2u

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Help with screening  my registrants? Empty Re: Help with screening my registrants?

Post by Sanket September 5th 2012, 8:49 pm

You can make a profile field. Make it obligatory for registration
https://help.forumotion.com/t11187-personalized-profile-fields-warning-system

Also do this
Users & groups>users Options
New accounts activation :Admin
Save.
Then you can go into Users & groups>Inactive users
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Help with screening  my registrants? Empty Re: Help with screening my registrants?

Post by peace2u September 6th 2012, 1:20 am

Hello Sanket,
I did check out the link you provided. Thank you.
I don't have an "obligatory" field. The fields I have are:

Add a Field

Type:
Name:
Description:
URL icon:
Necessarily filled?:
Display:
Display Type:
Who can modify the profile
field value:
Display this field for users
that are at least:
Separator:

Text Field

Default content:
Max length:

When my registrants click on register...they get this:
http://spiritoftruth.forumotion.com/register

After they accept these terms and click on "accept"
...this page (link below) is what I would like to add just a few questions and have them answer them in a block text box. would this and how could this be possible:

http://spiritoftruth.forumotion.com/register?agreed=true&step=2

Last edited by peace2u on September 6th 2012, 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add something)
peace2u

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 7th 2012, 8:17 pm

Necessarily filled?:Yes
Thats the one you need to do.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by peace2u September 7th 2012, 11:17 pm

Hello Sanket,
I am still having trouble with this one. I am trying out different way of filling out this form. But it is not working. It shows that I have filled it out wrong.
I am thinking that I just plain ol' don't know what to put in each field.
Ok...I want to create a field on the registrants page.

Where will I put in my couple of questions? Is that in the description section?

What section do I create the box for the registrant to type into?

Am I suppose to have a url icon?

There is a "add a field" and a "text field" Do I fill out both sections and how do I do that?
scratch
peace2u

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGlow September 7th 2012, 11:56 pm

Hi,

The procedure is easy. Simply follow the appearing guidelines beneath IF you wish to add another field in the registration page:

1. Go to your administration panel and click on the advanced mode.

2. Then look up at the MAIN tabs and click ''Users & Groups".

3. Click on Profile which is inside the 'Users' box on the left.

4. You should know where to click at right now, click at the Add icon.

5. Now this is what should appear to you:

Help with screening  my registrants? Forumotion

6. You may notice the first option named as: Type. Please pick the type you wish to obtain, here's a complete explanation on every type:

"Text Field"
This option will allow you the addition of any text typing in the field, numerical or alphabetical, to your sites profiles/mini profiles

"Text Zone"
This will allow you to create a drop down list in the profile that members can use to select one of the options to be displayed in the mini profile. You must add a word or sentence per line for this to work. This could be extra ranks, or a type of music genre that they like. Use your imagination!

"Date"
This option will allow the addition of any sort of date to your sites profiles/mini profiles

"An Image"
This will allow the addition of an image to your sites profile/mini profile

"A List"
This allows you to do the same as the element among a list, but with images. For this to work you must ad the URL to each image, one per line.

"Images List"
This allows you to have more than one image to choose from. Good for warning system and or awards.

"A Bar"
This allows you to display a bar in member’s profile that can be modified. Good for warning systems or reputation just like Image List. You must set this to have a minimum value and a maximum value. You can also set it to have a default value, For example you could set minimum to 1 and maximum to 10 for a warning profile field. If a member gets 5 warnings you are able to modify their bar in their profile and it will then show half the bar filled.
Number

"Coma Number"
This allows you to have plain text, html coding, addition email/Skype/msn etc.....

"Multiple Choice"
Allows you to choose more than one option.

7. Next option: Name. You may name this field as you wish. No further explanations are required.

8. Next option: Description. Also, here I don't have to explain, you may leave it with no description if you wish.

9. Next option: Forum URL. I don't have to explain here as well lol. You can keep this field with no image. If you want an image, upload one in ''www.tinypic.com'' or elsewhere then copy THE URL ONLY in that field (that's only if you wish to give that field an image).

10. Next option: Necessarily field. As you said, you want it to display in the registration page, right? Then tick YES!

11. Next option: Display. If you want that to be able to be viewed in messages (posts, PM's etc), then tick it. Same story applies to profiles. Well, here for sure you would pick profile Wink

12. Next option: Display type. Here it depends on your own choice. No further explanations are needed.

13. Next option: Who can modify the profile field value?: You choose.

14. Next option: Display this field for users that are at least. Your choice.

15. Next option: Separator: Your decision as well. Wink

16. The other two options beneath the ones above are not necessary to be fielded, your choice either. You can keep them blank.

17. Save? Wink

Good luck.
DarkGlow
DarkGlow
Forumember

Male Posts : 629
Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Back to top Go down