The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
5 posters

I misplaced the Admin password to my forum as I have been using an AE, and now I cant get it back and am getting spammers...

Pitchblue

Language : English

Solved I misplaced the Admin password to my forum as I have been using an AE, and now I cant get it back and am getting spammers...

Post by Pitchblue September 21st 2012, 11:13 pm

I know how ridiculous this must sound, but somehow I misplaced or otherwise forgot the variant of the password I typically used for my admin account, as I generally browse my forum using an AE rather than admin. I've put it off for awhile, but now all my custom banners and such are dead links, and spammers are destroying my forum that is actually quite active.

When I go to the "forgot password" section, it's telling me:
    "The security 'Disallow admin to send new password' is active in Admin Panel > General Admin > Security"

Obviously the issue is that I cannot log in, and so I am completely stuck in not being able to retrieve my password for the admin account. Any notifications to the admin account come to my personal email, and I could potentially provide any proof necessary to show the admin account is mine. Do I have any hope here? Or is the forum doomed to die to spammers and dead images? I really would love to get my forum back under control, thanks guys.

Solved Re: I misplaced the Admin password to my forum as I have been using an AE, and now I cant get it back and am getting spammers...

Post by Guest September 22nd 2012, 2:18 am

Well all you probably would be able to do is guess it or let it die =\
    DarkGlow
    DarkGlow
    Forumember

Male Posts : 629
    Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Solved Re: I misplaced the Admin password to my forum as I have been using an AE, and now I cant get it back and am getting spammers...

Post by DarkGlow September 22nd 2012, 3:01 am

Hello, you can get your password back, simply follow this tutorial:

https://help.forumotion.com/t93821-lost-founder-s-password

Good luck.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922

Post by Jophy September 22nd 2012, 1:23 pm

Hi,

Follow what is posted above, you need 2 posts to send PMs. Wink
    HauntedHRM

Solved 1 Post!

Post by HauntedHRM October 1st 2012, 12:47 am

Jophy wrote:Hi,

Follow what is posted above, you need 2 posts to send PMs. Wink

Its just a matter of getting those two posts Smile
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51499

Post by SLGray October 1st 2012, 3:36 am

You have the two posts now, you can send a private message.

I misplaced the Admin password to my forum as I have been using an AE, and now I cant get it back and am getting spammers... Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 7:27 am