The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transparent Bg for smilies on PHPbb 3

2 posters

Go down

transparent - Transparent Bg for smilies on PHPbb 3 Empty Transparent Bg for smilies on PHPbb 3

Post by Guest September 22nd 2012, 8:26 pm

Title says it all Very Happy

Back to top Go down

transparent - Transparent Bg for smilies on PHPbb 3 Empty Re: Transparent Bg for smilies on PHPbb 3

Post by runawayhorses September 22nd 2012, 8:48 pm

Try this in your CSS stylesheet:

Code:
#smiley-box {
background-color: transparent; !important;
    }
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

transparent - Transparent Bg for smilies on PHPbb 3 Empty Re: Transparent Bg for smilies on PHPbb 3

Post by Guest September 22nd 2012, 9:13 pm

still shows the white box

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses September 22nd 2012, 10:34 pm

I looked everywhere for a different code to change the smiley box background color and I can't find anything. All I can find is that code I posted. Perhaps someone else can help you.

Good luck.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 22nd 2012, 10:47 pm

runawayhorses wrote:I looked everywhere for a different code to change the smiley box background color and I can't find anything. All I can find is that code I posted. Perhaps someone else can help you.

Good luck.
Okay thx you once again you deserve a medal for the help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming September 22nd 2012, 11:45 pm

Code:
.forumline td.row1{background:#ff0000;}

this would be alot easier if ya had template editing, cuz you can add a class to this. cuz the code above effects more than just the smilies.

Code:
#smilies_categ{}
will change a little in the smilies...basically the form, not smilies. problem is the smilies box is a frame. There may be a way to do it with javascript but im not sure

link for it is

www.yoursite.com/smilies.forum?mode=smilies_frame

Last edited by nextlevelgaming on September 22nd 2012, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link rel incase for javascript)
nextlevelgaming
nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Male Posts : 989
Language : English|CSS|HTML5|javascript|

http://www.easybbtutorials.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses September 23rd 2012, 2:29 am

Ace700 wrote:Okay thx you once again you deserve a medal for the help Very Happy
Thanks. Smile

There is a simple CSS code to change the smiley box background color and I have used it before on a phpbb3 version but no longer have the code. For the life of me I can't find it on this forum by doing a search and I have spent close to an hour total trying to find it, and I don't have it saved. I do know one exists, but who knows if it will ever show up again. Hopefully someone here knows it and will post it here in this topic.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 23rd 2012, 4:02 pm

nextlevelgaming wrote:
Code:
.forumline td.row1{background:#ff0000;}

this would be alot easier if ya had template editing, cuz you can add a class to this. cuz the code above effects more than just the smilies.

Code:
#smilies_categ{}
will change a little in the smilies...basically the form, not smilies. problem is the smilies box is a frame. There may be a way to do it with javascript but im not sure

link for it is

www.yoursite.com/smilies.forum?mode=smilies_frame

Hmm okay what if i just made it so its transparent? Would it interfere with it? for example =====>

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming September 23rd 2012, 11:46 pm

Well the reason it interferes with it, it causes all .forumline td.row1 so basically anything with a start class of .forumline, then the td with class of row1 would be effected. Honestly hopefully LG or rideem could help you because I believe they both use phpbb3. I use phpbb2 purposely for template editing.
nextlevelgaming
nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses September 23rd 2012, 11:56 pm

Both LG and rideem do not like phpbb2, and I understand there reasons. Its also my understanding phpbb2 was poorly written. However hopefully they or someone else will know the CSS code for the smiley background for phpbb3.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2012, 12:08 am

Hmm okay well now we wait for the pros Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming September 24th 2012, 12:25 am

Yeah runaway I agree for the most part honestly. And only reason is because its written using mainly tables, and any good web developer will tell you DIV's are alot better for main parts of the site, which bb3 and + use. I've worked with phpbb2 for a while, and for the most part I edit adding divs and spans and blah blah haha. Then it works. I mean I have not seen how punbb is written so. I just look having access to the coding.
nextlevelgaming
nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2012, 12:48 am

Well i like php3 because of the functions and how its stable.
Some people told me php2 was unstable and it could be easy to be exploited but idk lol but on topic.

Any one got an idea?

I know someone out there knows Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2012, 2:50 am

Rideem3 wrote:
nextlevelgaming wrote:Well the reason it interferes with it, it causes all .forumline td.row1 so basically anything with a start class of .forumline, then the td with class of row1 would be effected. Honestly hopefully LG or rideem could help you because I believe they both use phpbb3. I use phpbb2 purposely for template editing.
I use PunBB. If you want template editing, go to PunBB.
Ace700 wrote:Well i like php3 because of the functions and how its stable.
Some people told me php2 was unstable and it could be easy to be exploited but idk lol but on topic.

Any one got an idea?

I know someone out there knows Very Happy

The smiley box for the quick reply or full reply?
Both

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming September 24th 2012, 3:42 am

gave you a plus sign rideem for that lol. I may just have to start a tester site for punbb
nextlevelgaming
nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 25th 2012, 1:12 am

Bump still need help from one of you 2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 25th 2012, 2:20 am

It didn't change anything. I added it but it didn't change nothing im trying to change the white box For example you know here?
How the smilies box is transparent on mine its a white box with smilies but i want it so the inside area is transparent.

But thanks for the help. If its not possible on phpbb3 its okay Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 26th 2012, 3:34 am

bump

Back to top Go down