The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to fix my multiquotes, see the buttons when creating topic, move user profile in posts, change global announcements text and

3 posters

Go down

How to fix my multiquotes, see the buttons when creating topic, move user profile in posts, change global announcements text and Empty How to fix my multiquotes, see the buttons when creating topic, move user profile in posts, change global announcements text and

Post by MarcoNecroX October 17th 2012, 5:23 am

Hey all, sorry I'm low on time so I can't really go around the entire forum and search for answers. I apologize.

Anyways, these are the things I'm wondering how to change:

a) Multiquotes: when quoting a text that has a quote in it, one of the two quotes turns White. This looks completely bad in my forum, and I checked visual part and didn't find where to change it.

b) When creating a thread, instead of seeing B, I, U, etc. buttons, I see 'bold, italic, underline', (flat text). How to change it to buttons?

c) Is there a way to put user on a post to the left instead of the right? The answer is yes because that's how this forum is and again sorry for not searching myself, where can I find this option?

d) When you change the text of 'global announcement' to something else, it looses the bold effect. I tried using <b> and [*b]. Any solution?

e) there seems to be huge blank leaps in some parts of the forum. I'm using a high resolution (1680x1050). Is there a way to expand forum automatically for higher resolutions instead of leaving blank fields?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited by MarcoNecroX on October 17th 2012, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarcoNecroX
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to fix my multiquotes, see the buttons when creating topic, move user profile in posts, change global announcements text and Empty Re: How to fix my multiquotes, see the buttons when creating topic, move user profile in posts, change global announcements text and

Post by Sanket October 17th 2012, 5:42 am

a) To keep the color same, please provide a forum to your URL. Also, a link to the thread where you have this, will be more helpful.

b) I believe, its specific to the skin you are using. Install another skin from hitskin.com if you want to change it.

c) General>Forum>Configuration
Under Pages Structure
Profile position in the messages :Left
Save.

d) Post the url & the screenshot of what you want to change.

e) Please post screenshots of the problem.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

How to fix my multiquotes, see the buttons when creating topic, move user profile in posts, change global announcements text and Empty Re: How to fix my multiquotes, see the buttons when creating topic, move user profile in posts, change global announcements text and

Post by MarcoNecroX October 17th 2012, 7:14 pm

a) THIS link has that. See the white ones look pretty bad.

b) Are you sure? I modified skin a lot already, don't feel like installing another and start over if this isn't the case :/

c) Thanks

d) When there is a global announcement it shows like this
Global Announcement:

If I change that to 'cookie announcement' for example, it doesnt display in bold even though I tried using HTLM and BBcode tags ([] and <>)

e)
How to fix my multiquotes, see the buttons when creating topic, move user profile in posts, change global announcements text and Tranceo

and some parts too like between forum menu and begin of the forum.
MarcoNecroX
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming October 17th 2012, 7:30 pm

It seems as though all your questions are dealing with CSS. Check out your CSS for your multi quotes.

A) it may be a .row1 .row2 .row3 css i dont know the CSS for phpbb3 but this is what I mean

Code:
.multiquote .row1,.multiquote .row2{background:#00ff00;}
.multiquote .row3{background:#fff;}

So if like i said you look through, and the .row1 .row2 are interfering with what you want just make a new one specific for your multi each row

So

Code:
.multiquote .row1{}
.multiquote .row2{}
.multiquote .row3

These are just examples you will need to figure out the css for your board.

B)With the flat text and not button, is because of your boards theme like Sanket said. Since you don't have template editing there is no way of doing so...Maybe with javascript but not sure.

E) To automatically expand to resolution styles and window types would be using percentages and not fixed widths/heights
nextlevelgaming
nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Male Posts : 989
Language : English|CSS|HTML5|javascript|

http://www.easybbtutorials.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX October 17th 2012, 7:50 pm

A) Display->Colors->CSS I guess? I'm able to read forum base css, to modify I just copy the section to the blank editing area below?

B) no it isn't. Like I suspected it isn't from theme, it happens when you set 'Activate extended message editor :' to 'no'.

e) I guess you mean in 'Pages Structure'?
Right now I have it at 98%, 0px, 45px.
Am I supposed to turn that 45px into a percentage or what?
-Note that in my screenshot those blank spaces seem to be a lot more than 45px. So I'm not sure this is what I should be changing.
MarcoNecroX
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX October 17th 2012, 9:26 pm

Done, hope you like thread name now.

b) Isn't that.. what I just said?
MarcoNecroX
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX October 18th 2012, 5:44 am

For B I just said I found the answer and it wasn't releated to theme, but to setting the option I mentioned to yes/no. I don't really care about D I was just wondering. My only left questions are:

a) how to change the multiquote ugly looking white color - do I just paste a css code into the blank space? The css code seems to be long enough so I dont feel like doing it if it's not going to be that way Smile

e) blank spaces, still no idea how to fix this one.

MarcoNecroX
Forumember

Back to top Go down