The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few design problems

2 posters

Go down

In progress A few design problems

Post by tomtastic December 3rd 2012, 5:14 pm

1. Using black background I can't get the jump to drop down to change font color. This makes the button black and text black and can't be read. If I change drop down menu, form fields, header to white it makes the post field white and white or gray font can't be read against a white background.

A few design problems Dropdown

2. The green, online image in the forum is covering up text on the right side. It doesn't matter if the page is widened it still covers text. Any way of just having the online under the user name/rank? That's usually where it's at on most forums?

A few design problems Online1

3. Any way to adjust font spacing? I've tried several different font types and all of them have the text very close together and hard to read.

edit: Ok, I got this one thru css.

4. How is the admin color changed, not the text color but the admin user color, mine's dark blue, but I can't seem to find a place to adjust it. It's also hard to read against black.

I'm thinking black background isn't going to work, just too many problems.
tomtastic

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: A few design problems

Post by tomtastic December 4th 2012, 11:40 pm

Also on the forum's profile panel the text is white but rollover makes the text disappear. I have link, visited and active set to #ffffff and rollover set to #C91A1A yet the text turns black on this page. People can't read it. I don't know why it's set to black as I have it set to white. Also the nav tabs turn black on the profile. I'm guessing this is something special to the theme?
tomtastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 5th 2012, 8:21 am

Can you provide me via PM with a test account which has moderator access in atleast one forum?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by tomtastic December 5th 2012, 10:47 am

The template I was using was carbon fiber design by JOSH01 on page 1. I had all backgrounds black. But even set to default you can see problems with it. Click on profile and there are some roll over links that disappear. Also text is hard to read. All the black text is unreadable. When it's set to black background the template is unusable. On the profile page all the links are black and can't be changed. You have to set the drop down and fields to black in order for field text to be read. Otherwise you're typing gray or white on a white background which doesn't work. But then the drop down is all black like in the pic above.

The online button problem is because I moved the user name to the left, it will probably work fine on the right but I don't see a way to move the online indicator also. Most forums have the names on the left. It looks like all my problems were just with this template.

I've switched templates which has fixed the problem. I think the css on that template needs some adjusting.

One thing I'm still having trouble with is changing the Admin color from blue to something else. I can't find it in the control panel, what would be a css code to do this? Just the title Admin not the posting text.
tomtastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 5th 2012, 8:40 pm

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: