The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malware on my site!?

4 posters

Go down

Solved Malware on my site!?

Post by SwingTree Mon 31 Dec - 15:05

Ok..so today I got on my rpg forum to continue working on it. It's not even finished yet. But when I got on, after I had been messing with my portal a bit, Google Chrome came up with this: "DANGER: MALWARE AHEAD!" Yeah, there was a picture of a little blue robber with a bag full of 1s and 0s. I read that 'Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on exploring-cione.forumsmotion.com. Content from b.localpages.com, a known malware distributer, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.'

You guys, I'm about 13 and a half, and I really don't know how to fix this. I'm stumped. Usually I'm good at all this tech-stuff, but when it comes to malware...I need some serious help. Is there anything you guys could do to help me, preferable without me involved? I don't want to mess it up, or lose all of my hard work because of some troll who lives in his basement. I've already changed all the account passwords (there were only two, both my accounts). How do I save my forum?

groar <--- Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited by SwingTree on Mon 31 Dec - 16:16; edited 1 time in total
SwingTree

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Malware on my site!?

Post by KingOfSpades Mon 31 Dec - 15:15

SwingTree wrote:Ok..so today I got on my rpg forum to continue working on it. It's not even finished yet. But when I got on, after I had been messing with my portal a bit, Google Chrome came up with this: "DANGER: MALWARE AHEAD!" Yeah, there was a picture of a little blue robber with a bag full of 1s and 0s. I read that 'Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on exploring-cione.forumsmotion.com. Content from b.localpages.com, a known malware distributer, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.'

You guys, I'm about 13 and a half, and I really don't know how to fix this. I'm stumped. Usually I'm good at all this tech-stuff, but when it comes to malware...I need some serious help. Is there anything you guys could do to help me, preferable without me involved? I don't want to mess it up, or lose all of my hard work because of some troll who lives in his basement. I've already changed all the account passwords (there were only two, both my accounts). How do I save my forum?

groar <--- Sorry, couldn't resist.

Try using Firefox, IE9, Safari or Opera. they might give you better luck.
KingOfSpades
KingOfSpades
Forumember

Male Posts : 215
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silverfoxangel Mon 31 Dec - 16:05

your forum seems to be ok. I can visit it on chrome, dragon and firefox and don't get any warnings about malware.

Try using another browser, or try clearing your cache and any temp files of your browser.
silverfoxangel
silverfoxangel

Female Posts : 17
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener Mon 31 Dec - 16:11

That was a glitch with Chrome yesterday. It didn't affect my forum but it did appear when I was using Twitter on one of the hashtags. It seems to be fixed now.
patiogardener
patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SwingTree Mon 31 Dec - 16:15

Ok, thanks guys! That certainly helped.
SwingTree