USERS NAME SHOWS UP TWICE Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

USERS NAME SHOWS UP TWICE

richsplace
    Forumember

Language : english

Solved USERS NAME SHOWS UP TWICE

Post by richsplace February 10th 2013, 2:57 am

After posting in one forum, the users name will show in another forum as if he posted there as well. This is a forum in a forum. How can i correct this?

http://fordodgetrucksonly.forumotion.com/

Thanks in advance Rich
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Solved Re: USERS NAME SHOWS UP TWICE

Post by kirk February 10th 2013, 7:45 am

what you mean someone post in the sub-forum and the name is showing as new post posted in the root/main forum from witch the sub forum is connected too?

Well if that's what you mean then yeah, if you post in a sub forum it will still show the name of the poster/post as new post in the main forum that is connected to the subs.

If thats what you mean, if not please explain more and provide any screen shots or links to the post so we can understand it better.

Last edited by kirk on February 10th 2013, 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Avery
    Avery
    Forumember

Male Posts : 92
    Language : English

Post by Avery February 10th 2013, 7:50 am

kirk wrote:what you mean someone post in the sub-forum and the name is showing as new post posted in the root/main forum from witch the sub forum is connected too?

Well if that's what you mean then yeah, if you post in a sub forum it will still show the name of the poster/post as new post in the main forum that is connected to the subs.

If thats what you mean, if not please explain more and provide any screen shots or links to the post so we can understand it better.
    Wtf, did i just read.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk February 10th 2013, 8:06 am

Avery wrote:
    kirk wrote:what you mean someone post in the sub-forum and the name is showing as new post posted in the root/main forum from witch the sub forum is connected too?

Wtf, did i just read.

Sorry i corrected the word >>> showing shopping.. lol sorry for the typo.

In other words, the the name of the person will show as the have posted a new post/topic in the main forum the sub-forum is connected to.

If thats not what you mean, then WTF did i read. hahahah Razz Joke
    I am not exactly sure what you mean by how you explained it either, and the link to your forum dose not help because it is not going to where the problem is. If you can post a screen shot or links to the post where the problem is then we may be able to understand the problem better thumleft
    I am just not sure on what you mean and what the problem is? please explain in more detail along with any screen shots or links that will help us better Smile

Avery wrote:
    Wtf, did i just read.

If you understand the problem then please do explain? Because other then me messing up on one word in my first reply. comments like this are not really helping, But at least it did help me point out my mistake. lol Rolling Eyes

Last edited by kirk on February 10th 2013, 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Avery
    Avery
    Forumember

Male Posts : 92

Post by Avery February 10th 2013, 8:14 am

kirk wrote:

In other words, the the name of the person will show as the have posted a new post/topic in the main forum the sub-forum is connected to.

That first paragraph mate, it is a killer, re read it slow out loud. And i'm browsing his forum and see nothing so far to indicate this username problem however there is this one user; he has a comma in his name, maybe he thinks two different people are posting when technically only "one" is supposed to show up in the last post area.. who knows.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk February 10th 2013, 8:19 am

Avery wrote:
    kirk wrote:

That first paragraph mate, it is a killer, re read it slow out loud. And i'm browsing his forum and see nothing so far to indicate this username problem however there is this one user; he has a comma in his name, maybe he thinks two different people are posting when technically only "one" is supposed to show up in the last post area.. who knows.

Yeah i don't know what he means, but if someone post a new topic in a sub forum, it will show their name as new post posted in the main forum info column the sub-forum is connected to, Other then that i am lost and have no clue.. So he will have to explain more and post screen shots or links to what the problem is.
    richsplace
    Forumember

Post by richsplace February 10th 2013, 8:28 am

Kirk

you got it right the first time. I was not aware that would occur
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk February 10th 2013, 8:36 am

richsplace wrote:Kirk

you got it right the first time. I was not aware that would occur

HAHAH Cool, Razz

I did phrase it a lil odd, I could not think how to explain it, and i am sure if you seen my post before i corrected the word showing from shopping that would have thrown you for a loop.

Anyway it's all good.. so this can be marked solved then,?
    richsplace
    Forumember

Post by richsplace February 10th 2013, 8:38 am

yes thank you.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924