The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purchase domain name

3 posters

Go down

Solved Purchase domain name

Post by KiLLuMiNaTi February 24th 2013, 9:01 am

If I use credits to purchase the domain name from forumotion for the year will it redirect to my forum ? Will I have to tell everyone the new address ?
KiLLuMiNaTi
KiLLuMiNaTi
Forumember

Male Posts : 32
Language : English

http://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Purchase domain name

Post by Derri February 24th 2013, 9:11 am

No,

Users will automatically be redirected to your forum so you don't need to tell users that you've changed the domain name.

However it wouldn't hurt telling your current users that you've went from using forumotion domain to say .org

When the admin changed the domain name on a forum I worked on, we were redirected automatically so don't worry. However it wouldn't hurt to mention to your members you've changed domain name. Just to avoid any questions that your members might ask.

Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by KiLLuMiNaTi February 24th 2013, 9:13 am

Derri wrote:No,

Users will automatically be redirected to your forum so you don't need to tell users that you've changed the domain name.

However it wouldn't hurt telling your current users that you've went from using forumotion domain to say .org

When the admin changed the domain name on a forum I worked on, we were redirected automatically so don't worry. However it wouldn't hurt to mention to your members you've changed domain name. Just to avoid any questions that your members might ask.

thx
KiLLuMiNaTi
KiLLuMiNaTi
Forumember

Male Posts : 32
Language : English

http://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri February 24th 2013, 9:15 am

KiLLuMiNaTi wrote:
Derri wrote:No,

thx

Your welcome Smile
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Base February 24th 2013, 9:23 am

Topic Solved & Locked