The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

Is there a way to delete a post but instead of having it vanish, leave a message saying "deleted by a mod or administrator"?

Doktoroktopus
    Forumember

Language : English

Solved Is there a way to delete a post but instead of having it vanish, leave a message saying "deleted by a mod or administrator"?

Post by Doktoroktopus Thu 28 Feb 2013 - 0:48

I'd love to be able to leave that message on every post that's been deleted.

Last edited by Doktoroktopus on Thu 28 Feb 2013 - 3:44; edited 1 time in total
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51499

Solved Re: Is there a way to delete a post but instead of having it vanish, leave a message saying "deleted by a mod or administrator"?

Post by SLGray Thu 28 Feb 2013 - 1:16

Do you mean if a staff member deletes the text in a message? If you delete the whole post, there is no post left. It is completely removed from the forum.

Is there a way to delete a post but instead of having it vanish, leave a message saying "deleted by a mod or administrator"? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Doktoroktopus
    Forumember

Solved Re: Is there a way to delete a post but instead of having it vanish, leave a message saying "deleted by a mod or administrator"?

Post by Doktoroktopus Thu 28 Feb 2013 - 2:49

SLGray wrote:Do you mean if a staff member deletes the text in a message? If you delete the whole post, there is no post left. It is completely removed from the forum.

Exactly. So I don't want to delete it completely, I want everyone to know that particular post has been removed but I don't want that post to be gone. Just the content.

Am I making sense?
    Sir Chivas™
    Sir Chivas™
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 6980
    Language : EN, FR, ES

Post by Sir Chivas™ Thu 28 Feb 2013 - 3:32

Hi,

I get you, but sadly it isn't possible here at Forumotion.

Regards,
    Sir Chivas.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket Thu 28 Feb 2013 - 4:04

Since Topic is marked Solved & the above user thanked, thread is Locked

Current date/time is Mon 23 Sep 2024 - 10:29