The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
5 posters

Automatic Ranks, Emails and Hidden Online Status of fellow Admins.

Professor Clayton
    Professor Clayton
    Forumember

Male Posts : 46
    Language : English

Solved Automatic Ranks, Emails and Hidden Online Status of fellow Admins.

Post by Professor Clayton May 21st 2013, 2:28 am

Sorry to throw this all in one thread, but I'm busy tonight. D: So I have a few quick questions:

1). Is it possible to have Points add up, and when a certain amount is reached, a new rank is automatically given to you?

2). All my users are getting a lot of emails about replies in threads. Besides individually not following each thread, is there like a "mass off button" they or I can click to stop these emails?

3). When another Admin has their online status hidden, can I still see them online?

Thank you! :3

Last edited by Professor Clayton on May 21st 2013, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zacbonic/Albinotiger
    Zacbonic/Albinotiger
    Forumember

Male Posts : 92
    Language : English, Spanish, French,And Dutch

Solved Re: Automatic Ranks, Emails and Hidden Online Status of fellow Admins.

Post by Zacbonic/Albinotiger May 21st 2013, 2:34 am

Professor Clayton wrote:
    1). Is it possible to have Points add up, and when a certain amount is reached, a new rank is automatically given to you?

Yes! All you have too do is go too acp>Users and groups>Ranks>Rank Administration Then create new rank and don't mark it as a special rank and post too reach this rank, That is where you set the limit of post a member has too have too have that rank.
    Professor Clayton wrote:2). All my users are getting a lot of emails about replies in threads. Besides individually not following each thread, is there like a "mass off button" they or I can click to stop these emails?
    All you have too do is go too your profile and click contact and uncheck allow users too contact me by email.
    3). When another Admin has their online status hidden, can I still see them online?
    Yes.

Professor Clayton
    Professor Clayton
    Forumember

Post by Professor Clayton May 21st 2013, 2:46 am

1) and 3). Alright, thanks! Very Happy

2). That doesn't stop it, I've tried. I mean that every time they post in a thread, they automatically 'watch' it. And every new post in it is alerted by email. D:
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8711
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri May 21st 2013, 3:12 am

For number 2. Tell users to go into preferences in their profile and say "no" to the option - "Always notify me of replies :"

This will stop members getting so many email notifications.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922

Post by Jophy May 21st 2013, 6:54 am

Hello,

Is you problem solved? You can let us know by editing your topic using the edit button Automatic Ranks, Emails and Hidden Online Status of fellow Admins. Editer10 and by clicking the solved icon Automatic Ranks, Emails and Hidden Online Status of fellow Admins. Solved10 then send. Wink

Thank you Smile
    Professor Clayton
    Professor Clayton
    Forumember

Post by Professor Clayton May 21st 2013, 12:29 pm

Thank you, it's solved. :3 I was just really busy and couldn't check.
    Thanks! Very Happy
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk May 21st 2013, 6:50 pm

Professor Clayton wrote:Thank you, it's solved. :3 I was just really busy and couldn't check.
    Thanks! Very Happy

Topic Solved & Locked

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 3:30 am