I have a huge problem with personal information on a forumotion forum Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+2
SLGray
adambuckley
6 posters

I have a huge problem with personal information on a forumotion forum

adambuckley

Language : Adam

In progress I have a huge problem with personal information on a forumotion forum

Post by adambuckley June 1st 2013, 2:45 am

Hello Staff Member,

I have posted a thread on another Forum which I would like to be deleted. The Forum has been inactive since 2011 and it's only 1 thread I want removed which is about me solely and my personal information.

As my email is there, I have been getting a lot of spam and people who shouldn't have gotten my private information.

I would have PM'ed a Staff member, but the Forum said I didn't have enough posts to do so. I would however rather be writing the forum link/thread link in a private message, so if possible, could it please be enabled just once?

Thank You for reading this,
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51473
    Language : English

In progress Re: I have a huge problem with personal information on a forumotion forum

Post by SLGray June 1st 2013, 4:33 am

Can you not log back onto the forum and delete the post?

I have a huge problem with personal information on a forumotion forum Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

In progress Re: I have a huge problem with personal information on a forumotion forum

Post by kirk June 1st 2013, 4:44 am

You are saying the forum is inactive? what do you mean by inactive? Is the forum still there? If so have you tried logging in to the forum and see if you are able to delete it, or have you tried to contact a staff member or admin to remove it.

This will be up to the forums staff on the forum to remove for you if you do not have permissions to delete or edit the post your self, By law they will have to remove it for you. If they do not remove the content then you would have to report this to forumotion litigations to send a official complaint.

Other then that there is really nothing we can do here on forumotion support, Once again if the forum staff refuse to remove it then you would have to report this to forumotion litigation for them to take any further actions if necessary.

If the forum staff of the forum you have the information posted on do not comply to your request? Feel free to send them the link to this thread as well to show them you mean business and to kindly remove the content so you dont have to go through the measures of reporting it all to forumotion litigation Smile

In the future:
    As a rule of thumb,Never post your information anywhere in public for others to see.thumleft
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket June 1st 2013, 6:58 am

Kirk has already provided you with the possible actions you can take. There is no reason to PM me with this again.
    adambuckley

Post by adambuckley June 1st 2013, 5:59 pm

Kirk:

The issue is that the thread has been locked by the Forum staff.

I have tried to email the Administrator, but haven't received an answer for 3 months now. He has probably just lost his email which is understandable, but there is none else to contact.

The Forum hasn't been used since 2011 which is what I mean with inactive. It's not an actual status, but it is about an illegal private server of a game that has been closed down due to copyright infringement, but the Forum is still there.

To sum it up quickly so you guys won't have to read too much:

1. The thread is closed, hence I cannot modify the thread post with my information posted.

2. The Administrator cannot be contacted and the moderators haven't been on since 2011 and can only be contacted by private message on the Forum. I have tried, yet, no response.

I thank you for reading this and hope we can get it resolved. I have really been patient and tried to get rid of that thread myself for a long time, but the staff members there are simply inactive and will never be able to see my thread. Especially as the forum is about an illegal private server of a game.

I have written a Litigation letter and I just got a validation email. I hope that this issue will be resolved peacefully as it has no value to the actual forum (the thread), its just a job application by me.

EDIT:
    "Impossible to validate this litigation."

I got this when trying to validate my litigation.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray June 1st 2013, 6:17 pm

Did you fill in all the required fields on the litigation form?

adambuckley

Post by adambuckley June 1st 2013, 6:24 pm

SL Gray:

Yes sir, I am certain that I filled out everything and I read the whole thing a few times before I sent it to avoid misunderstandings.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray June 1st 2013, 6:28 pm

What kind of image link did you used for the screenshot?

adambuckley

Post by adambuckley June 1st 2013, 6:30 pm

Sl Gray:

It had an imageshack icon, so I chose to click on it, login and upload it to Imageshack. Afterwards, I copy pasted to link to the imageshack uploaded picture.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket June 1st 2013, 7:55 pm

Also, since the administrator is long gone. Why don't you try taking over the forum?
    https://help.forumotion.com/t81878-recovery-or-change-founder-of-an-account
    RadioHead
    RadioHead
    Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Post by RadioHead June 2nd 2013, 8:26 am

Hi there,

If the information pertaining to you is: Your real name (First AND Last), address, contact information and/or banking details, ForuMotion.com (And it's other companies) has the legal obligation to remove your data.
    Your first step is to get the information to The Godfather (Via Sanket) and will en vendor to verify your claim and have it removed.
    If this is not successful, send me a PM in about 1-2 weeks time; you will be required to write a letter to the company and request for the removal of your data in accordance to the law. (Via the legal team)

If the company then refuses to remove it, you have the right to go see a lawyer, however the matter shouldn't get that far Smile

Refer to: https://help.forumotion.com/t1526-account-deletion-administrators-obligations

Sanket, set your report to the TGF as 'Data removal' instead of 'Bug/Technical glitch'

Post by Guest June 2nd 2013, 9:42 pm

RadioHead wrote:Hi there,

If the information pertaining to you is: Your real name (First AND Last), address, contact information and/or banking details, ForuMotion.com (And it's other companies) has the legal obligation to remove your data.

Well you should never post your bank details,or other person info such as your home address or telephone number on a public forum-Not Ever.
    I use my real name and age under the birthday profile field, but that's all. I never post my home address or anything else on any public forum.
    adambuckley

Post by adambuckley June 3rd 2013, 12:03 am

Well, as the Forum hasn't been used in 2 years, I just decided to do what Sanket suggested, I have sent him a PM and we'll see how it goes from there.

It's just a bit sad that I have to go through all of this and have the Administrators on this Forum having to make extra work due to my personal information being out there, yet, it seems as the only option for removal of that thread.

I wish there was an easier way.

Post by Guest June 3rd 2013, 1:14 am

Well when you say personal information what do you mean? If it's only your name it does not matter. But if you were silly enough to post your email address,telephone number or home address, then yes the admin should have removed it. Other forums would not allow that anyway.
    adambuckley

Post by adambuckley June 3rd 2013, 10:46 pm

The thread has been removed, I don't know how, but it has.

Thank you!
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk June 3rd 2013, 11:16 pm

adambuckley wrote:The thread has been removed, I don't know how, but it has.

Thank you!

Cool Cool guitar

I will now mark this solved and moved to archives.
    In case there are any reasons this is not 100% solved yet, just send me a pm and i will move back here.

Topic Solved & Locked
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather June 4th 2013, 2:31 pm

adambuckley wrote:Hello Staff Member,

I have posted a thread on another Forum which I would like to be deleted. The Forum has been inactive since 2011 and it's only 1 thread I want removed which is about me solely and my personal information.

As my email is there, I have been getting a lot of spam and people who shouldn't have gotten my private information.

I would have PM'ed a Staff member, but the Forum said I didn't have enough posts to do so. I would however rather be writing the forum link/thread link in a private message, so if possible, could it please be enabled just once?

Thank You for reading this,

we changed the foundation email by the one you provided and a new password has been successfully sent